Director of Finance
At Flowhub, we are about more than technology — we are on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to every adult on planet Earth. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ in cannabis product sales annually.
The Director of Finance, reporting to the CFO, is responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting and finance activities of the company, managing the accounting teams, and improvement upon the current finance processes. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced startup environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with competitive compensation and with room to develop further in the role, responsibilities and company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE
- Oversees daily operations of the accounting/finance department, manage staff accountants, accounting records and systems, and ensure maintenance and accuracy of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Implement, improve, monitor, and create if necessary, a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate fraud and risk, and enhance the precision of the company’s reported financial results.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly/annual close process, including the accurate and timely preparation, review, and analysis of financial statements in compliance with GAAP and other requirements.
- Assist with annual budgeting process and perform quarterly budget reviews with department leaders.
- Analyze, improve and automate current subscription billing and revenue solutions, initially based in Zuora billing, Salesforce and Quickbooks.
- Oversee goal setting, perform reviews, and provide coaching and career development activities for all accounting staff, with an objective of building a high performing team.
- Lead the annual financial audit.
- Maintaining and tracking accounting task lists and calendars of related deadlines.
- Monitor accounting and tax guidance changes.
- Initiate and supervise tax accountant for corporate tax returns (1120, multi-state returns).
- Ensures local, state and federal compliance (nexus reviews, review of SALT returns, SoS annual filings, other statutory compliance, etc).
- Ensures year end reporting is complete and correct (W2, 3921, 1099, etc).
- Assist with oversight of our corporate insurance.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, detail, process and project-oriented individual focused on building and maintaining a company-wide set of efficient tools that meet the needs of all employees. This position demands a high-level understanding of process and procedures that drive a successful organization.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Strong technical accounting background, CPA (active or inactive status) highly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, with at least 3 years in a role as a Controller or financial leadership position.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Advanced knowledge of GAAP.
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Quickbooks knowledge and/or familiarity with other accounting systems.
- Fintech background, including prior experience with card processing,
- merchant payment services, consumer stored value services strongly
- Experience with Salesforce and Zuora (or other SaaS subscription management tool) extremely helpful.
- Experience managing finance in a quickly growing SaaS company.
- International accounting experience a strong plus.
- Has utilized workflow tools (Jira, Confluence, Clickup, etc) to manage finance departments.
- Aptitude for evaluating and quickly ramping up on new technology
- Communicates clearly and logically in writing and verbally, providing supportive data and vital information in an organized, succinct, and concise manner
- Critical thinker with a bias towards action
- Must possess and have proven strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to protect confidential material
- Ability to work with a fast-paced and agile team focused on strong execution
- Ability to collaborate in virtual/remote environments
Salary Range: $135,000 - $165,000