Director of Engineering
Pitch is the collaborative presentation platform for modern teams. With a focus on real-time collaboration, smart workflows, and intuitive design features, we make it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Our presentation and template galleries give everyone the ability to publish their own standout work, learn from one another, and find the creative spark for their next presentation. Tens of thousands of teams have made the switch to Pitch, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion. We’ve raised over $135 million to date, and have been recognized by FT-backed Sifted as Europe's Top B2B Soonicorn in 2022. And we’re just getting started.
Pitch is all about beautiful slides being created in a simple and frustration-free workflow. Our Create Pillar focuses on building a light-weight editing experience that saves users’ time and helps them create exceptional presentations. The editing experience is the user’s first impression of our product, and therefore plays a determining role in Pitch’s success.
As Director of Engineering for the Create Pillar, you'll work directly with Engineering Managers to develop and grow the teams responsible for the editing experience, the design flow, and the frictionless adoption of Pitch for users that come from other tools - just to name a few.
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed to a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that’s all about joyful work. For further reading on our team's values, check out our Engineering Principles.
What you will do
- As Director of Engineering for the Create Pillar you will be responsible for developing an engineering organization where teams can design and deliver software that is delightful, simple, and maintainable.
- Together with other Directors of Engineering, you form the Senior Engineering Leadership Team. You will be working together to solve problems within your shared areas of responsibility and inform CTO and company leadership of successes, failures, and learnings.
- You will lead a team of strong engineering managers who will look up to you for feedback and guidance, and for leadership coaching.
- You will assist your team in setting goals for continuous improvement, and help improve team performance by removing bottlenecks, minimizing waste, optimizing processes, and reducing feedback loops.
- You will get the opportunity to design and implement organizational changes, bootstrap new teams, prioritize and balance hiring needs based on budget, product roadmap and company goals.
- Together with our CTO and the extended leadership team, you will collaborate on developing the long-term technical strategy and vision for our product.
The role is perfect for you if...
- You're excited about the idea of bringing Pitch’s user experience to the next level.
- You are passionate about building and shipping well-loved and successful software products with non-trivial complexity.
- You have a strong technical background, as well as proven experience as a manager of managers.
- You have experience leading growing engineering organizations in a fast-paced environment and have successfully solved many of the tough organizational challenges that go hand-in-hand with scaling and organizing teams.
- You enjoy challenging team members to grow their skills and increase their impact in the organization.
- You enjoy shaping an organization's engineering culture and set the standards for engineering excellence and best practices.
- You believe in keeping your ears close to the ground and occasionally getting involved in the nitty-gritty.
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. For more specifics on how we honour our commitment to diversity in our hiring process, check out our Recruiting D&I Pledge.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!
Not quite sure whether that's a role for you? No problem! If you can't find any open role that caught your eye, but are interested in working at Pitch, you can always submit your resume here. We will follow up as soon as we open up a position that matches your skillset and aspirations!