Director of Engineering
Join Gopuff as a Director of Engineering who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! Your primary responsibilities will be to lead your team, deliver business results, and develop a vision for the Fulfillment Platform. You will have the technical aptitude to drive good technology choices through collaboration with empowered teams. This role will report directly to the SVP of Engineering Rekha Singh. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
- Innovate, scale, and manage the development of key systems in Gopuff’s ecosystem
- Lead a team of engineers to build quality software that works at scale
- Partner with product management and business to develop the product scope, features, and timeline for developing solutions that are based on business needs and market opportunity
- Recruit world-class engineers
- Build, deploy, and maintain your own code
- Support standard development practices across multiple teams, including idiomatic syntax, design patterns, and Test driven development
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the correctness of the business process
- Promote and support Gopuff Engineering’s culture of inclusion and diversity
- 10+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record as an engineer building scalable publicly facing websites preferably in start-up environments or early-stage companies.
- People management expertise, with experience managing groups of 8+ engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with Product Managers, Engineering, and Business Partners at all stages of the product life-cycle.
- Experience conducting code reviews; leading technical discussions, designing/architecting solutions
- In-depth and hands-on knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and modern web and/or cloud technologies
- Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
- Experience with message-based, async processing
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Experience with a variety of web services (ex: REST and HTTP cache-semantics)
- Experience with typed languages such as Java or Go in a production environment
- Public cloud experience in a production setting (Azure preferred)
- Experience with developing software with human/machine interfaces at scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer:
- Gopuff employee discount
- Career growth opportunities
- Internal rewards programs
- Annual performance appraisal and bonus
- Equity program
- Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.