Director of Engineering
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation has an immediate opening for a Director of Engineering to be a part of our unique, multifaceted broadcast operation based in our Chicago headquarters.
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a 24-hour news network.
NewsNation’s Director of Engineering will assist with technology innovation, support and maintenance of our state-of-the-art broadcast technology installation. Reporting to the Executive Director, Operations and in conjunction with the WGN9 Director of Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day technical work associated with the NewsNation operation. As a rapidly growing news operation NewsNation is pushing the envelope in all areas of local and remote news production. With three studios, two control rooms, remote facilities and nearly non-stop production, project management
- Excellent project management skills, including managing multiple projects under tight deadlines, is essential.
- Expert-level knowledge of current and next generation digital television architecture, equipment and standards including video-over-IP, encoders, decoders, distribution, routing, switching, newsroom systems, etc.
- Experience with Ross automation preferred.
- Strong IT skills including TCP/IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts, administration, etc.
- Experience managing a team – particularly in a union environment – required.
- Ability to respond to trouble calls in a 24×7 environment (including nights, weekends, holidays as needed)
- Ability to use AutoCAD for wiring and design
- Excellent verbal, written and people skills
- Experience in large systems integration/installation a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!