Director of Engineering
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
What we offer:
- 💰 Competitive salary
- ✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. Including employer HSA contributions.
- 📈 401k match
- 📝 Monthly lunch, phone, and wifi stipend for remote employees
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays, and company-wide recharge days
- 💌 Monthly stipend to spend on your well being
- 🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- 🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our Core Platform teams here at Color. This person will partner with Product to develop the strategy and prioritize what parts of Color’s Application can be best pulled out into shared components/services. They will be responsible for delivering their teams’ work and ensuring the successful integration of these services throughout the Color stack. This work is core to Color’s strategy of getting leverage across our engineering teams as we scale.
This is a full-time employment position.
How You'll Contribute:
- Oversee the Core and Data Platform teams which include auth, shared admin screens, shared UI, shared workflows (registration, etc.), analytics dashboards, and internal tools that support Color’s lab teams
- Hire, build and develop high-performing teams and design the org effectively to achieve results
- Lead engineering-wide initiatives and process improvements that drive efficiency and quality
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience leading distributed teams of 15+, including managing (and growing) managers
- Strong recruiting skills and track record of having built highly talented and motivated engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence; must have experience working closely with and influencing product teams and other internal stakeholders
- Experience building core services/core platforms/internal tools. Experience in roles abstracting components from a monolith (microservices, APIs, shared services, auth, etc)
- Experience working at a fast-growing company
- Effective cross-functional collaboration and communication skills with teams across engineering, product, design, operations, go-to-market, support and others
- Solid leadership, coaching, mentoring and talent development skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Python is a plus.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.