Director of EDX Legal Strategy & Innovation
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
New York, NY
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
What you'll Do
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with leaders across the broader Legal, Security & Policy organization to develop, drive and implement critical initiatives.
- Build and lead analyses to generate business insights into trends impacting EDX Legal and the businesses it supports. This includes: establishing and reviewing team performance metrics, benchmarking competitors, assessing industry developments, evaluating potential new business, and exploring the implementation of new technologies to achieve strategic objectives.
- Develop workplans and convene cross-functional teams to build and implement strategic initiatives.
- Serve as project leader representing EDX Legal to lead cross-departmental initiatives.
- Support the overall EDX Legal strategy and innovation planning with focus on future increases in efficiency and scalability.
- Apply critical legal analyses to myriad sophisticated legal matters, such as software licensing, data privacy and security, product support and contract operations.
- Develop and communicate key messages and conclusions to internal leadership and partners.
- Proactively address operational issues and collaborate with team members to address problems quickly and thoughtfully.
- Run annual planning activities, including translation of organizational goals and objectives into initiatives, timelines and plans.
- Support budget, headcount and organizational management and optimization.
What you need to succeed
- Law degree/JD and at least 10 years of relevant in-house legal experience required, with a predominant focus in the tech industry.
- Significant experience supporting online/SaaS services, e-commerce, marketing, and consumer protection matters across many jurisdictions around the world.
- 3+ years of firm experience preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities, effectively with experience handling multi-layered orgs.
- Ability to succinctly frame sophisticated legal issues and communicate effectively with multiple levels of management, including in support of product development and innovation.
- CIPP and CISSP certifications are a plus.
- Must work well on a team and with people at all levels.
- Commitment to providing clients with high-quality and timely legal advice in a fast-paced work environment, with a strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, be a creative problem solver, have excellent business instincts, and aim to provide practical solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and a dedication to professionalism.
- Seek to make an impact and build an exciting career with our Legal team!