Director of Corporate Finance
The Director of Corporate Finance & [Business Operations] will be responsible for building and managing the FP&A, Finance Marketing and Business Operations teams. This role reports to the VP of Finance & Business Operations.
This is a critical leadership role that will work with the executive team of the company and cross-functionally with business leaders across Rocket Lawyer's international footprint. You will guide the Corporate Finance & Business Operations org to create insightful analyses which will drive business decisions, help track key performance indicators for the company, and act as a P&L partner for the Product and Business teams. You will also collaborate cross-functionally to collect, model, and analyze data to advise Rocket Lawyer's long-term financial target setting.
Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The perfect candidate will have an investment banking and/or growth-investing background paired with experience at scaling technology businesses, strong quantitative and analytical skills, along with experience or interest in running efficient, cross-functional processes.
- Own key financial planning processes such as planning and financial forecasting
- Hire and manage growing team of cross-functional finance and business operations professionals
- Understand and monitor company's key performance indicators while providing real-time feedback to the executive team and stakeholders
- Partner with owners of business units on full P&L responsibilities and drive their resource planning, profitability and revenue-driving initiatives
- Identify issues for business partners and make recommendations and options to improve revenue and unit economics
- Lead financial analysis on key strategic partnerships and M&A activities
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business’ plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers
- Work with product management, market research, product marketing, and other teams to develop a deep understanding of product & customer value proposition, competitive landscape, regulatory considerations, and their implications to our financial outcomes.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to shape overall strategy by helping to quantify and prioritize existing and new ideas to drive value.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity with high-energy and a positive attitude.
- 10 - 12 years of relevant finance, analytics, strategy, corp dev experience.
- Experience leading & managing a high-performing team.
- Expertise in navigating complex analytical & financial models.
- Talent for synthesizing highly complicated / nuanced ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both oral and written).
- Ability to influence the organization in support of driving growth & momentum.
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant & fun to work with.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program