Director of Content
With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is looking for a superb content strategist to join the Brand Studio team.
Our ideal candidate has deep experience and passion for driving content of all shapes and sizes for B2B and B2C audiences—from marketing campaigns, to sales enablement, editorial, SEO and everywhere in between.
They also have a well-rounded understanding of how to sharpen a brand’s voice and make sure it’s cohesive across everything our audience experiences. Oh, and they love data and are able to translate market research into captivating campaigns.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a cohesive content strategy aligned with brand and business goals.
- Lead and inspire a team of passionate content strategists and writers focused on developing content that elevates how OpenTable connects with its audiences, drives brand perception and business results.
- Own our brand voice, its guidelines and meticulously lead all aspects of how it comes to life across all departments.
- Lead all naming initiatives and develop highly effective messaging frameworks that drive clarity and alignment.
- Work with channel owners to deliver campaigns, launches, company moments, SEO strategies.
- Be on the lookout for any and all opportunities to make our content more effective—across the board.
Please apply if:
- 10+ years content strategy experience crafting content at scale in marketing organizations.
- Super strong leadership skills. You empower and encourage team members to do their best work.
- Superb verbal, written, and presentation skills with a clear, concise and respectful communication style.
- Strong execution mentality — you know how to get things done, and done fast.
- An insatiable curiosity and drive for innovation—especially AI and chatGPT.
- A passion for all things food and tech. You love uncovering insights, you adopt innovation and are always on top of the latest industry trends.
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this remote United States based role is $160,000 - $230,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus, equity grant; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.