Our mission is to open the door to the life-changing impact of education and help make education accessible for all. As a nimble growth stage start-up, we've emerged as the leading online education platform helping over 30 million learners and educators each month.
Study.com has earned numerous awards and it has been recognized as one of the most transformational companies in EdTech, living up to our commitment to all learners: Breakthroughs Start Here. From students and educators in over 9,000 school districts that use Study.com, to working adults striving to complete their college degree or gain professional certifications, we empower them to reach their full potential.
Our product is our impact! Across our college programs alone we have saved students over $200M in tuition and enabled tens of thousands to become nurses, teachers, accountants and more. Additionally, as part of our mission we’ve donated over $27 million across social impact programs to learners and educators.
Study.com requires vaccination and boosters for all employees and we work in a hybrid environment.
The Director of Content will join our content team, which plans, executes, and optimizes content for our diverse audience of students, teachers, test preppers, parents, college credit seekers, and more. We create content for learners at every stage of their educational journey and take pride in a content approach that breaks learning down into bite-size, easy-to-understand chunks. We help learners succeed while also making learning more flexible and engaging.
The Director of Content will help develop and execute the next stage of our content operation and collaborate with other leaders to inspire and motivate our high-performing team. We are looking for a leader with experience building and managing teams locally in office, contractors across the US, and teams located around the world.
- Drive the creation of high-quality educational content through a worldwide network of thousands of contractors
- Accelerate our content operations through global expansion, AI innovation, and workflow improvements
- Motivate and lead your teams by setting goal-based objectives that optimize team performance and operations
- Champion responsible use of AI to impact efficiency and quality in content operations
- Use data and creative problem solving to address process, efficiency, or quality opportunities
- Manage 4-8 people in addition to a large team of global workers
- Collaborate with product managers and leadership to align content needs and deliverables
- 7-10 years of leadership experience building and managing teams, preferably in ed tech or online content development
- Experience building, growing or running global operations
- Experience working with AI tools such as Chat GPT or Bard and developing ways to integrate those tools into our content operations process
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and tools
- Ability to be both a hands-on manager when required but also a strategic leader working with cross functional teams and leadership
- Experience leading content development within education, ed tech or scaled digital content
The salary range for this role is $150,000 - $170,000 per year. The salary range associated with this job considers the skill sets, experience and training required for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity, and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members.
Our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com.
You can also expect:
- 3:2 hybrid work schedule
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements.
Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.