The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
This position is based in Yosemite National Park, but, will support all contracts within the Leisure line of business with environmental sustainability requirements.
- Full understanding of our concessions contracts in the region, in particular all plans associated with required management systems. Including but not limited to; Occupational Safety, Food Safety, Environmental management, and water and energy management.
- Support the on-site operations team in the implementation of the site-level management systems and lead team supporting those systems and associated action plans
- Support the transition and continuation of the ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System that exists on site
- Develop environmental data collection process (waste, water, energy, procurement) - specifically as it pertains to the extensive installation of smart meters throughout the Park
- Ensure the record and retention of all environmental data in the on-site dashboard
- Develop and direct the required reporting process to NPS employees
- Support the development and implementation of additional safety, risk, environmental and sustainability strategies within our locations including, the building envelope energy audits, retro-commissioning efforts and associated action plans.
- Support development, execution and deployment of appropriate tools and trainings within the locations in conjunction with support and operational teams.
- Acts as a leadership resource / subject matter expert reporting to the Vice President of Operations as it pertains to all of Risk (Food, occupational, environmental, and contract compliance for those areas and our sustainability commitments)
- Work with Store Design, Strategic Assets and consultants on new store design and store remodel projects.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with key sustainability leadership organizations and our clients.
- Coordinate Earth Day, water and energy conservation interpretive programs, the annual sustainability summit, and Building Community events in partnership with internal and external partners; support environmental volunteerism via Aramark Star Teams throughout the year.
- Act as a primary resource and technical expert for Food and Beverage/OpX as it relates to local safety and sustainability.
- Collaborate with colleagues across ARAMARK Leisure including Food and Beverage, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Safety & Risk Control (S&RC), and field and front line management team
- Lead the development and deployment of environmental programs (air, waste water, hazardous waste, etc.) throughout a divers portfolio of hospitality businesses.
- Ensure efficient resource utilization, SOP Documentation, and employee compliance to contractual ISO standards.
- Partner with corporate resources to ensure proper field support and implementation.
- Provide adequate record keeping, regulatory reporting, and audit support.
- Participate in and support any mobilization/start-up activity, particularly those locations with contractual environmental commitments.
- Participate in the new business pursuit process through contract/regulatory review, program development and Operationalization within newly established client accounts.
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree(s) related to environmental policy, environmental health and safety, sand /or, business strongly preferred.
- Experience related to environmental issues, including concrete tactical environmental experience, required. Experience in hospitality or facilities services and/or corporate experience strongly preferred. 5-8 years of professional experience.
- Proven leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build relationships, and ability to lead without formal authority are required.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter, and ability to take calculated initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated time management skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and project management experience are a must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including public speaking) required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Aramark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veteran.