Director of Communications
TikTokLos Angeles, CA25 days ago
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our Global Communications team as Director of Communications, Brand Campaigns. This role will manage communications around brand campaigns, activations, partnerships, and other consumer marketing projects that focus on TikTok’s appeal and differentiation as a destination and a lifestyle.
- Develop and drive creative media-worthy campaigns that cross markets, draw in our users, and convey TikTok’s appeal, differentiation, and value as community
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams internally and marketing partners externally, serving as a voice for the global TikTok brand in campaign development and the resulting execution of PR and social media plans
- Ensure that campaigns and initiatives are developed in line with the needs of different markets, communicated to relevant market leads, highlight global messaging, and are built to drive in-market PR opportunities accordingly
- Assess the newsworthiness and regional or global impact of marketing initiatives to determine level of brand synergy and PR amplification
- Provide guidance on communications materials and processes for partners and creators
- Possess familiarity with the varying interests and priorities of TikTok’s audience segments, media contacts, market cultures, communities, and creators/public figures in order to build effective brand campaigns
- Work with PR agencies on development of media materials, media lists, and other elements to fuel successful storytelling and results
- Bachelor's degree or above in related field
- 10+ years experience in product, entertainment, or consumer communications
- Experience in day-to-day media relations required, ideally across markets; agency background a plus
- Experience in leading a team required, ideally across markets
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills in addition to creativity
- Exceptional listening, problem-solving, and verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and adapting quickly and flexibly to change
- Passion for storytelling, people, and TikTok
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach.
We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Bytedance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com