Director of Communications
As Director of Communications for our Family and Wellness brands at Dotdash Meredith, you will help lead our efforts to develop, create and manage editorial and content specials that amplify the sites (primarily Verywell Mind and Parents) and demonstrate our expertise in the world of mental health and parenting. You will work hand in hand with our experts, Editor in Chiefs, and PR teams to secure media coverage and produce monthly columns and reports. You will also have a well-established list of media contacts in the health and wellness and lifestyle space.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of health and wellness content, a strong sensibility for creating dynamic user experiences, and the ability to work across cross-functional teams. The goal of this position is to maximize the exposure of our brands through the creation of award-winning content. If you’re a great communicator, love talking with the media, have a keen eye for the topics and trends that matter, and enjoy learning, we’d love to talk to you.
About Your Contributions:
- Develop and manage trusted ongoing relationships with reporters and producers in order to successfully identify pitches, and place newsworthy stories in top tier media
- Create and manage a rich editorial calendar, awards, conferences and speaker grid for spokespeople
- Respond to media inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, write and distribute news releases
- Partner with the teams on execution of the content strategy of creating editorial specials with our experts and brand ambassadors
- Work with the health Design and development teams to create best-in-class content experiences to showcase our editorial specials
- Work with Research and Data Science teams to conceive of and execute on dynamic data-driven content
- Partner across the Dotdash Communications Team and collaborate with the Earned Marketing team to deliver concise and informative reporting on press activities, coverage secured and current opportunities for the brands
- 6-8+ years of work experience in health media
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of how to make our editorial specials linkable and shareable.
- A self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Exceptional media relations skills as demonstrated by earned media placements