Director of Communications
WellaAmerica 18 days ago
“Wella’ is one of the world’s leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together “Wella”), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow.
Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty’s Professional and Retail Hair businesses, “Wella” is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. “Wella” and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
Corporate Communications manages and orchestrates all internal and external communications aimed at creating a favorable point of view for Wella among all company stakeholders, including employees, media, customers and clients. The function helps drive consistency ensuring the key Company messages reach those stakeholders in a coherent, credible and ethical way.
Corporate communication also helps bring to life Wella’s purpose, combining our Company’s vision and values into a cohesive set of purpose-drive actions and messages to stakeholders.
The Communications Director for the Americas position will play a key role in driving internal and external communications, overseeing regional corporate communications strategies, crisis management, employee engagement and external reputation strategies for the Wella Company as it sets up as an independent, standalone Company.
The position will support the Regional Leaders in efforts to ensure all relevant internal and externa stakeholders understand and embrace the strategies and priorities of the Company, and how they connect to shape an overall success story.
The role will have a high focus on the US market however it will partner with local teams and agencies in the rest of the Americas as required, in instances such as providing overall company guidance on regional communications and crisis management. This said, the candidate is not expected to carry on day to day communications activities in markets outside NA.
The candidate will play a central role in helping launch our New Company, in establishing its desired equity attributes and will also have the once-in-a-career opportunity of collaborating with a team tasked with designing a completely new corporate communications function for a $2.3B annual net revenue, global company.
- Working with Top Management, and in close collaboration with the Global Communications Team, the candidate will develop and deliver Company external communications while ensuring the different marketing/Brand activities synergize to help build the Wella Company’s desired attributes and reputation, in line with the overall Wella global communication strategy.
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders to develop and deliver, and/or provide regional guidance on the activation of internal communication channels and events.
- Partners closely with HR to identify ways to bring the Wella culture to life
- Plan quarterly meetings, town halls, and ad hoc programs for senior leaders and the organization (primarily in US).
- Adapt global communication tool kits to ensure regional relevance, including adapting key messaging and content for local markets to tailor and execute.
- Ensure key brand launches, news, and milestones are brought to life for employees.
- Collaborates with multifunctional teams on issue and crisis management. In close collaboration with global communication teams, provides guidance to agencies and market leaders as required.
- Managing and developing key stakeholders’ relationships.
- Supporting, Communicating and Activating sustainability and diversity and inclusion programs.
- Deliver the external narrative for Wella in NA (and rest of Americas as required) including:
- Drive press, speaking and awards opportunities for top executives (mainly in US).
- Align priorities with the regional GMs, especially in top markets (US, Brazil, Mexico), in addition to the immediate team.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing and Influencer Marketing teams to develop proof points in support of corporate regional narratives.
You thrive at building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
- Minimum 10 years of communications experience.
- Possesses the ability to influence and the credibility to be listened to as a communications expert.
- Understanding and interest in multicultural experiences. Ideally lived or worked with teams abroad.
- Experience on crisis management, ideally managing social media crisis/issues.
- Strong understanding of corporate communications in the age of Social Media.
- Strong ownership and accountability – able to roll-up your sleeves and to take ownership to make things happen.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization, across multiple functions and levels.
- Entrepreneurial spirt, thrilled to take part on the launch of a new Company and the creation of a new Communications organization.
- Experience of global consumer goods – does not have to be in Beauty.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Command of the Spanish and/or Portuguese language a PLUS.
- Experience in diversity and inclusion programs, a PLUS.
- Regional roles experience. Understand different culture, countries.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WELLA
What you can expect from us:
- Attractive salary package
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Wide range of benefits (health insurance, pension, car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles as well as wellbeing benefits)
- Continued learning and growth opportunities
- Truly international and diverse environment where you can be your true self
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.