Director of Brand Partnerships
GirlbossRemote, North America21 days ago
Girlboss is a community of strong, curious, and ambitious women redefining success on our own terms. We hope to inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content and experiences we create. We are unapologetic in our beliefs and values of supporting girls and women who are chasing dreams both big and small in a shame-free zone.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers and infinite learners, under promising and over delivering and having fun along the way.
We are seeking an experienced brand partnership and sales professional to join our fast paced and growing team. A media company on the rise, we're looking for someone excited by startups, empowering women, and the digital community.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Brand Partnerships will be responsible for revenue and the entire sales and strategic partnerships function. You will be responsible for driving revenue in a way that will organically add value to our partners, our readers, and our community. You will be an individual contributor for now, in the day to day of selling and account management, but also eventually build a team and organization. You will be a key part of the executive team in scaling Girlboss through this growth stage.
- Out deliver on revenue goals by seeking partnerships with brands through ad/media sales and various strategic brand partnerships
- Forecast revenue, managing pipeline and CRM, and, create a bottoms up and path to goal, focusing on key accounts that drive the business forward
- Planning, management, and execution of brand partner prospects and campaigns
- Use a consultative approach by offering strategic media and win-win solutions with all clients
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on executing strategic initiatives
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Build core sales processes from scratch: create standard practices and procedures to maximize efficiency, maintain consistency, and ensure transparency
- Regular reporting and tracking of KPIs across brand partnership campaigns and pipeline
- Management and tracking of creative requests and project briefs, ensuring deadlines are met
- Create best-in-class, beautiful, and memorable presentation and pitch materials
- Relentlessly seek opportunity to create value for our clients, our business, and the greater Girlboss community
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and greater business community
- Hire, inspire, and lead a high-performing team of sellers and account executives
- 5+ years experience in sales with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals
- Experience working in media strongly preferred
- Strong client relationships/network and an ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads which result in closed business
- Scrappy entrepreneur who can work with a small team
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to win
- Ability to take ownership and work independently to meet performance goals
- Outstanding professional record of achievement
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building lasting relationships internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We are growing fast and hiring currently for multiple positions. We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, May 23rd (but apply ASAP as we’re doing interviews on a rolling basis 🙂 )
Location: Remote, North America
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications.