Director of Application Services
The Director of Application Services' primary responsibilities are to direct and oversee the selection, implementation, access and usage of software applications used by the organization.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage the ERP and retail support applications team, including recruiting, mentoring and monitoring workflow productivity and performance.
- Provides guidance and consultation on applications and related services to other departments, which may include reviewing system documentation, feasibility, design, testing, SOP additions/changes and implementation.
- Coordinates the resources needed to meet business objectives related to software applications, focused primarily on reducing costs and creating efficiencies throughout the business.
- Oversees the project management for application implementation, including reviewing and negotiating contracts, collaborating with vendors regarding the statement of work (SOW), and outsourcing work as needed.
- Oversees the project management for master data alignment across all business systems currently in use and which is not uniform.
- Prepare and present long- and short-range plans for application software selection, system development and system maintenance, and larger information strategy.
- Develops and adheres to departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with applicable company, state, and federal laws, statutes, and regulations, as appropriate.
- Ensures proper IT controls are in place; maintains administrative role in all applications that have a critical business function and/or which contain protected data.
- Reports to leadership on a routine basis regarding alignment of the department with the company strategy.
- Oversee a curriculum for cybersecurity training throughout the Company; perform routine risk assessments surrounding the IT environment and mitigate risks based on a cost-benefit analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- 8-10 years of similar or related experience required
- Must possess specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications, and software
- Intermediate Excel experience required at a minimum
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have at least 5-7 years of management experience
- Must have ERP management experience
- Must have cybersecurity and risk management experience
- Experience utilizing an IT ticketing system preferred
- Experience as a programmer or systems analyst with emphasis on data administration preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge
- Must be able to assist operators in a support function, training them through a knowledge gap