Director of AI and Innovation Programs
The Director of AI and Innovation Programs is responsible for modeling the Compassus values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Innovation and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of Success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders.
The Director of AI and Innovation Programs utilizes their strong background in artificial intelligence to design, lead, and implement our innovation initiatives related to AI, machine learning, and digital transformation. S/he plays a pivotal role in understanding business needs, translating them into innovation programs and initiatives, and driving organizational knowledge and adoption.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Collaborates across teams to define and refine our Artificial Intelligence/Innovation strategy, identifying avenues for AI integration to enhance business growth and operational efficiency.
- Acts as the driving force behind the end-to-end lifecycle of AI/Innovation initiatives – from conception and planning to execution and delivery – ensuring alignment with objectives and deadlines.
- Collaborates closely with data scientists, engineers, product managers, and additional stakeholders to ideate, develop, and deploy solutions collaboratively.
- Leverages expertise in AI technologies, including machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and predictive analytics, to provide project technical direction.
- Stays abreast of the latest advancements, exploring opportunities to infuse innovation and recommending the adoption of emerging technologies.
- Champions data privacy and ethical standards in AI projects, actively contributing to data governance policies and best practices.
- Devises metrics to assess the efficacy of innovative solutions, iterates on strategies for optimal outcomes and continuously monitors performance.
- Updates executive leadership and stakeholders regularly on project progress, achievements, and challenges.
- Fosters the team's growth, nurturing their knowledge, proficiency, and passion for AI/Innovation disciplines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Master’s degree or additional certifications in AI and innovation preferred.
- Proven experience with process improvement methodologies required.
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience in AI, machine learning, or data science required.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Exceptional communication skills, adept at conveying complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy. Demonstrated success in leading and delivering AI projects, preferably with business-focused applications. Proficiency in relevant data analysis, data visualization tools, and programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Julia, Tableau) commonly used in AI and data science preferred. Familiarity with AI frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch) and their practical utilization preferred. Strong analytical acumen. Adept at translating business requirements into technical specifications. Keen interest in staying updated with AI trends along with an unwavering commitment to drive innovation. Experience with project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) is a plus. Ethical approach to AI, with a deep consideration for privacy and security implications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
The team member frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. While not mandatory, the team member may be asked to lift and/or move patients, objects, or supplies up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There will be possible exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We are committed to creating a fair work environment where our team members feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.