Director of Accounting
WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
Alo Yoga and Bella + Canvas are seeking a Director of Accounting. This is a hands-on role where you'll be responsible for the day-to-day accounting, monthly/quarterly/annual close process, complying with US GAAP including establishing high quality internal controls and process efficiency. Reporting to the Controller, this role will be a trusted business partner on accounting and reporting matters and key member of the finance leadership team.
- Managing all aspects of financial reporting including preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, analysis, and disclosures as well as supporting internal management reporting needs.
- Partner cross functionally with Finance, Legal, and other Accounting teams to drive continuous improvements in business analysis, systems, processes and controls.
- Identify, research, and document the Company's technical accounting matters and provide operational accounting support for complex areas such as equity, leases, inventory, foreign transactions, capitalized software development, goodwill and intangibles, etc.
- Oversee coordination of annual audit and proactively address non-standard or technical accounting issues with auditors to ensure timely resolution.
- Draft, update and maintain the Company’s accounting policies, educate the broader accounting team on application of policies and drive the implementation of any changes in policies or adoption of new US GAAP standards.
- Multi entity consolidation.
- Manage and lead accounting team.
- Lead monthly closing process with strict timelines.
- Manage global accounting across numerous countries, which includes joint ventures and franchisee entities.
- Lead due diligence, purchase accounting, finance integration, and stakeholder engagement associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting.
- CPA license required 10+ years of accounting / financial reporting experience, 3+ of those years in public accounting.
- Expertise in US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements with an ability to research and interpret technical accounting guidance.
- Global experience preferred.
- Retail experience a plus.
- A proactive approach to problem identification and solution implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to partner cross functionally beyond finance and accounting.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.