Director North America Media & Advanced Advertising
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day is comprised of connecting with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions and making impactful contributions.
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be! Our trustworthy household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. As the brand with the highest household presence in the world, we transcend physical boundaries. We win as a global organization by continually learning and collaborating. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success. If you are passionate about working for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
Our dedicated Integrated Marketing team is full of passionate crossfunctionals and we are seeking individuals with the same energy, diligence and positivity who can help us lead growth for our business.
The position of Director, Media and Advanced Advertising will drive strategic vision and oversee media strategy and planning to create and deliver an insights-driven approach that inspires innovative and growth-minded activation plans that are delivered through detailed execution. With oversight of all media types, it is essential for this leader to have demonstrated expertise across all media
types, across all devices and formats to drive full-funnel comprehensive communications plan design. This position sets the working style of their group by demonstrating tight-knit collaboration with multiple stakeholders. The ability to communicate simply and clearly the path needed to exceed business expectations and brand favorability is a requirement. This role will be well-versed in developing strategies that incorporate emerging media and marketing trends and developments, as well as participate in creating outstanding work that results in achieving our business goals.
As the Director, Media and Advanced Advertising you will play a critical role in driving our Colgate business forward including responsibility for the following areas of the business:
- Lead holistic media strategy, plan development, investment, activation, and optimization across all media channels inclusive of, but not limited to, CTV, Linear TV, Search, and Social. Translate business goals and challenges into media strategies, leveraging advanced analytics, consumer behavior insights, historical performance, etc.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external partners in brand, media, PR/social, consumer insights, shopper marketing and an Integrated Agency Team to develop and implement integrated marketing plans across all consumer touchpoints to support brand communication strategies and business objectives
- Develop and drive a strategic vision aligned with current and future-focused consumer trends, media trends, and emerging technology
- Supervise the operational application of Ad Tech and targeting along with other advanced advertising executions by developing and implementing business processes across the organization
- Meet with senior marketing and business leaders to educate and inform on the business impact of the evolving landscape (ITP, Privacy), advising on how to best leverage media & marketing investments and new technologies to drive business results
- Provide comprehensive guidance of overall brand user experience: find opportunities to optimize across paid, owned and earned channels
- Build brand partnerships and activations that are rooted in compelling insights, are culturally relevant, and deliver on brand fit and comms objectives/strategies
- Lead an Agency Team in the creation and development of media plans, and ensure the idea/narrative is threaded throughout all elements
- Always-on Digital: Oversee programmatic and audience team to build digital strategies rooted in data that drive measurable growth. Lead recommendation of key digital strategies including social and influencer strategies in partnership with Omni-Commerce and Shopper Marketing teams to drive a full-funnel approach to our marketing efforts, maximizing all levers in the user journey
- Drive media innovation across industry and competitive landscape
- Oversee media campaign measurement: Define and monitor activation KPIs that ladder into broader brand health and business KPIs for brand campaigns across the ACPL in partnership with analytics, leveraging tools (Datorama) to analyze progress and inform optimizations
- Partner with Analytics and Insights to develop and implement an effective Media test & learn framework to maximize learnings and insights that drive decisioning and inform strategy and program development
- Drive our North America Joint Business Plan relationships, negotiations, and contract development across key strategic partners
- Maintain pulse on marketplace and cultural trends and provide actionable insights and direction; drive thought leadership beyond the day-to-day
- Oversee media operations and financial favorability
- Lead, mentor, develop, and inspire a team of media professionals, providing guidance and coaching to support their professional development and growth
Who you are:
- A media leader with a can-do attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- A “strategic do-er” who can move with speed and agility without losing sight of the larger strategic implications
- A true collaborator who loves working in close knit, dynamic teams and who understands cross-functional implications of business decisions
- A data lover who can identify practical insights from robust marketing analytics
- A rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a constant thirst for knowledge and continuous curiosity
- A multitasker who can balance creativity, analytics and critical thinking while making quick progress in the rapidly evolving omni landscape
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 14+ years prior experience within media and/or integrated marketing, agency or client
- Digital Marketing expertise with proven understanding of how to use marketing levers to drive commercial growth
- Must have the ability to build and articulate comms strategies and partnership ideas, internally and across all consumer touchpoints; Consistent track record to think strategically, with a balanced analytical and creative approach, and the ability to guide others to think strategically
- Paid Media Best practices (All Channels including Video, Social and Influencer Marketing)
- Campaign and Always-On Planning and Budgeting
- Strong Project Management and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strength in formulating sound strategies as well as ability to drive executional excellence
- Insights; Understanding of - with activation experience in - Consumer Journey Maps
- Analytics; Exposure to IMC analytics including Brand lift, MMM, site analytics
- Proven creativity and curiosity skills
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills; both as a leader and team player
- Ability to lead multiple work streams and high-performing teams simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- High level of initiative, assertiveness and self-direction
- Validated strength in analytical skills
Salary Range US$ $198,000 - $222,000
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.