Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
You will be joining an agile organization and will be an integral member in building the wholesale business, facilitating the sales process. As the National Field Sales Director, you will be a key Glossier leader, managing Glossier’s internal Field Market Lead team and external third party partners that support Sephora B&M locations in key territories. You will be responsible for driving retail sales, building relationships, educating and training store teams and driving retail sales. You will be expected to collaborate in developing account plans and support with training. You will also collaborate on building the wholesale field structure to ensure we are achieving the Company’s overall goals. You will report to the VP of Global Sales.
6 Month Expectations
- Develop a strategy to drive sales and coach team to ensure they achieve sales targets in wholesale locations.
- Manage a field team and assume responsibility for sales efforts, merchandising, events, training, and customer service.
- Develop door & regional sales goals with the partnership with the VP of Sales & Director of Planning.
- Identify resource gaps and brief cross functional partners on business needs to achieve sales goals.
- Hire, recruit and develop regional field teams. Identify opportunities in the organization for field related roles.
- Build relationships with retailer store leadership to ensure Glossier is well represented in-store.
- Key point person with Glossier’s field support company to identify support stores and hours in stores.
- Analyze business performance and respond to opportunities through education and operational adjustments.
- Responsible for creating the Glossier event schedule and working with internal and external teams to ensure excellent execution.
- Lead weekly check-in with field teams and deliver robust feedback to management.
- Maintain responsibility for tracking and meeting T&E budgets for the team.
- Expected to be in market 3-4 days a week; expect to travel between 50-75% of the time
12 Month Expectations
- Think creatively to ensure business growth month over month during launch year and beyond.
- In partnership with the Director of Education, educate and train Glossier & Sephora teams on the entire assortment of Glossier product line, thereby increasing the Sephora Beauty Advisors’ ability to recommend Glossier products to customers and driving sales.
- Partner with retailers to develop and execute innovative in-store events and use learnings to maximize effectiveness of the market calendar long term.
- Provide comprehensive feedback to creative, marketing and product teams on wins and opportunities within the wholesale landscape.
- 10+ years experience working in Beauty and 5+ years in a managerial role
- Deep understanding of the retail market and current beauty trends
- Self-starter, solution-minded, highly organized, detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through is a must
- Must have ability to think strategically, conceptualize new ideas, initiate change and react to fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with ability to coach team on sales reporting and plan achievement
- Charismatic individual with strong communication talents
- Comfortable being filmed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays is required
In accordance with the applicable law, the following represents a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum compensation range for this position: The estimated annual pay range for this role is $145,000-$189,000.
There may be future opportunities for continued pay progression based on continued strong performance in the role. Full-time positions are also eligible for a competitive compensation and benefits package that include medical health insurance, 401K, equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units, Paid Time Off, Short Term and Long Term Disability leave, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
Compensation for the role will be determined based on permissible, non discriminatory factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.