Director, Marketing Technology
The Director, Marketing Technology is responsible for collaborating with senior leadership from several cross functional global teams to develop and execute organizational strategy as well as support enterprise change and digital transformation through technology, undertake financial planning and budgeting, and measure and communicate technology value.
This role is accountable for governing and coordinating strategic planning, staff and resources across to ensure the successful execution of organizational strategy by implementing and optimizing integrated applications and technologies. The main area of focus will be leading the global best practice implementation of our Martech, Customer Management & Customer Data platforms including Customer Account Management, Loyalty / Rewards, Web Analytics, Content Management, Digital Experiences and Digital Store optimization / personalization capabilities while ensuring seamless integration into existing Under Armour applications & technologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines objectives, frameworks, and metrics for the IT strategic planning process and establishes ownership and timelines.
- Ability to develop strategic initiatives and oversee the development of long-term plans and proposals to support business objectives.
- Works with the enterprise architecture function to ensure alignment between enterprise architectural roadmaps, business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and compliance standards.
- Works with experience engineering teams to design and deliver engaging journeys across all digital consumer touchpoints.
- Works with other IT leaders to define an IT operating model to take advantage of digital opportunities.
- Strong business acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals.
- Works with stakeholders to continually optimize IT governance and decision-making processes as the business context and technology landscape changes.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure continuous innovation & support.
- Manages relationship with managed service providers and ensure adherence to SLAs and overall quality.
- Keeps abreast of emerging digital and business trends, develops and executes an IT strategy that takes advantage of these trends, and collaborates with other business leaders to embed digital opportunities in business strategy, including the company’s product and channel strategies.
- Ensures continuous alignment of project investments and initiatives with business strategy based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
- Develops IT performance metrics and oversees monthly reviews with the IT leadership team.
- Develops the next generation of IT leaders who can build strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to move the business towards digitally enabled growth.
- Creates and manages budgets for global projects and operational support teams up to $10-$30M annual expenditure.
- Oversees IT budgeting and cost estimation approaches, resource allocation, and reallocation for cost-optimization.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of operational procedures for all Consumer Digital related technology and infrastructure activities.
- Ensures system meets the demands of a growing business through capacity monitoring and planning to ensure appropriate acquisition of infrastructure and resources.
- Defines technology roadmaps in support of global strategies driving consumer engagement & revenue.
- Leads teams in the development, implementation, and ongoing support and optimization of the global technologies supporting Marketing Technologies
- Creates seamless end to end consumer experiences by ensuring effective integration with other enterprise applications and technologies.
- Stays current on market trends and product roadmaps of technology platforms to keep Under Armour in front of new capabilities.
- Develops trusted and open relationships with key executive leadership to validate technology’s understanding of their goals to ensure they are supported through technology initiatives.
- Defines and communicates KPIs to track the value and improvement of our Consumer Digital solutions.
- Prepares and presents technical vision and value to business executives.
- Defines organization structure required to develop and support the Consumer Digital.
- Manages a globally distributed team of internal teammates and external vendors.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies
- Expert in IT strategic planning, communications, and financial management
- Expert in IT governance formulation and organizational change management
- Working knowledge of cloud computing, business intelligence and analytics, Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels on a global scale.
- Personnel development & management of a team
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to manage large IT budgets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills.
- Experience leading large, global, cross-functional projects.
- Proven experience with the analysis of complex business and technical requirements, and the ability to develop innovative solutions that provide measurable business results.
Education And / Or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Information System Management, Computer Science, or a relevant business area.
- Minimum 12 Years experience implementing and supporting global, integrated, enterprise level systems; (preferably in a rapidly growing, omni-channel focused consumer goods brand).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a technology management role leading others.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with vendor management.
- Location: Home Office (Fully Remote)
- Work-Life Designation: Fully Remote
- Travel: Up to 25%
- Licenses/Certifications: ITIL foundations, Agile training, PMP, Consumer Privacy, Cyber Security or other industry certifications preferred.
Salary and Relocation
- Location: Fully Remote- No Relocation Provided
- Base compensation range: $153,000- $210,000
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.