Director Marketing Ring
Ring is searching for a seasoned marketing leader who is highly strategic and embodies the spirit of creativity, innovation, and collaboration. As the architect behind our global marketing strategy, you will have the opportunity to redefine the landscape of security and the role of community to drive our brand momentum as the category leader delivering smart security solutions and experiences to millions of customers.
Key job responsibilities
The Director Marketing will move our brand deeper into culture through bold storytelling, collaborations and development of our community by crafting captivating stories, fostering exciting collaborations and increasing our community of passionate users. You will lead a large, multifunctional team of expert marketers across Owned, Paid and Earned media channels, applying data driven insights to connect product, brand, and customer objectives to drive affinity with our service and work with a dedicated, in-house creative and brand development team, so we can bring marketing concepts to life, fast.
This is a high-impact, highly visible role! You will lead, coach and develop a team of 50+ high performing brand strategists, marketing managers, creative directors, content producers, and social teams as well as partnering with Ring stakeholder teams, building strong partnerships, sharing best practices and seeking opportunities for increasing Ring’s awareness, consideration, and attention. You will also collaborate with cross functional leaders across Ring’s product, engineering and category organizations.
- Drive the marketing and brand strategy for Ring, including brand definition and positioning, customer segmentation and targeting, naming and marketing related product roadmaps
- Lead and develop a highly effective marketing organization, including fixed media, customer acquisition, branding, customer engagement, communications, and partnership marketing
- Develop a vision for overall product positioning including increased awareness, trial and engagement
- Drive customer growth and retention through lifecycle marketing campaigns and customer success programs
- Build scalable, repeatable marketing programs that have broad, but targeted reach.
- Continually experiment and introduce new approaches to marketing that engage customers in innovative ways
- Track, measure, and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and report results to sales and marketing leadership.
- Manage marketing budget, including allocation and reconciliation.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- We’re looking for an individual with a growth mindset, and a passion for leveraging insights to develop creative and effective marketing programs. You’re an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate our evolving business needs.
- The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will also thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative, and not afraid to take risks.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, marketing, math, finance, or similar fields.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in consumer marketing including brand development, GTM strategy, product marketing, and partner marketing in digital/high-technology or consumer products with global reach
- 10+ years’ experience building and leading cross-discipline marketing teams at scale (30+) of both individual contributor and manager roles – able to inspire, coach, develop, and grow geographically dispersed, high-performing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
- Experience building GTM strategies and collaborating across multiple organizations
- Demonstrated success leading through influence, building engagement, and partnering across organizations at the highest level
Our ideal candidate will have successfully led marketing for multiple, worldwide, consumer technology-enabled products or services. He/she will be customer obsessed, data hungry, and comfortable advocating for your plans and explaining business results to our company’s most senior executives. Perhaps most importantly, this leader will have a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative products and services.
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience leading a business with direct P&L accountability and/or managing $100M+ budgets
- Can provide examples of leadership through influence and partnership, without direct authority over resources
- Ability to manage complexity in relationships, business dynamics, internal/external partners, and stakeholders
- Proven ability to gain collaboration and buy-in from business unit leaders throughout the organization
- Entrepreneurial, with a proven track record in either transformational or high-growth environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $187,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $278,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.