At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Arts Music is Warner Music Group’s umbrella of labels dedicated to signing, developing, and marketing releases across genres such as musical theater, children’s music, classical, jazz, soundtracks, and film scores. Arts Music is the home of the Warner Classics and Erato labels for classical music and Ghostlight Records and First Night Records for musical theater.
Do you love Broadway? Do you have fond memories of Children's music from your own youth? Are you experienced in marketing directly to consumers? We are currently seeking a highly motivated, self-starting, and organized Director of Marketing for the Broadway and Children's music genres, who will project manage and market new releases, as well as lead all aspects of these ever-growing catalogs.
This role presents a special and unique opportunity to be one of the front-facing people on a small, tight-knit team, directly liaising with all relevant internal departments, major brand partners, producers, artists, and more. The position is responsible for developing, communicating, and bringing to life new, tailor-made digital and physical marketing campaigns to these developing genres. The ideal candidate will adopt the implementation of standard practice strategies to ignite existing audiences, while expanding the musical footprint. The position will also lead in creating on-brand content and digital tools to drive engagement, sales, and consumption.
Here you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans for individual projects and overall brands
- Assume day-to-day communication responsibilities across all projects and label partners
- Become an authority in the history of each assigned project and brand as well as the landscape of the genre they occupy; this includes an in-depth understanding of the overall brand, past releases, previous marketing campaigns, social media presence, audience consumption habits, and more
- Find new opportunities, research trends, and communicate and collaborate with internal departments and external partners to drive projects forward
- Look for new and current external partners for marketing opportunities in both the Broadway and Children's music genres
- Lead content creation from producing official videos to developing digital assets for use across social networks and streaming platforms
- Work with Finance partners and manage relevant marketing budgets
- Regularly meet with line manager to outline scope, timeline, and deliverables as well as establish relevant metrics for each campaign or project
- Create and deliver regular updates to key partners (e.g. executive team, internal departments, external retail partners, external brand and content partners), highlighting campaign performance and growth opportunities that align with our strategic goals
- Run post-mortem analyses on marketing initiatives to evaluate successes and failures, and continue to refine standard practices for future applications
- Record Label experience in product management and digital marketing
- Knowledgable and passionate about music across the Broadway and Children's genres
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, can bring fresh ideas to life across a variety of departments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and goal setting skills
- Able to work independently, and remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous and diligent with superior follow up and follow through
- Captivating storytelling skills which showcase new ideas and achieve presentation goals
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Motivated, ambitious, and have a passion to learn and develop relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Teammate with a can-do perspective with an eagerness to collaborate
- Strategic problem solver and a creative marketer
- Willing to challenge the status quo and understand the need to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the modern music landscape
- Interested in and excited about digital and social media, a tech savvy individual who stays up to date with trends and pop culture
- Experience with producing or creating content, and bringing content to market
- Results oriented with experience in streaming, sales, and marketing analysis
We’d love it if you also had:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of previous experience marketing to audiences interested in specialty genres
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$90,000 to $105,000 Annually Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.