Director, Marketing and Communications
The Director, Marketing will lead and transform the marketing function within the North America Residential & Light Commercial HVAC Team to better align with the changing competitive landscape and our goals to proactively partner with customers to grow market share.
This position is accountable for the development and implementation of consumer goods brand strategies; channel programs; advertising and marketing communications and marketing programs for all product lines.
- Set strategic direction and execute marketing strategies, programs, plans and measures to support Light Commercial, Ductless & VRF and Residential HVAC Systems to increase market share, while maintaining profitability. Promote product adoption and customer satisfaction through effective VOC and marketing strategies.
- Develop a detailed understanding of market size, growth, market share and product gaps for product segments. Ensure synergies between product development efforts and distribution are leveraged and brand strengths are maximized.
- Drive marketing programs to grow sales while improving profitability and competitive position.
- Understand VOC, competitive intelligence and market trends to develop strategies and actions for brand positioning and promotional planning. Seek customer input on needs and requirements that lead to new, more competitive products, applications and services.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop marketing tools required for new products, including selection of programs, advertising, and product communication plans.
- Lead and direct brand marketing teams including advertising, social media, public relations and meetings and events.
- Establish operating budgets and financial planning to assure the most productive utilization of human, financial and capital resources. Apply asset management methods and to measure operating performance and financial strength.
- Own the customer experience and develop a measurement system to ensure we are exceeding stakeholder expectations.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts through Key Performance Indicator management.
- Manage the development planning process with direct reports to ensure a solid talent pipeline and succession planning.
- Oversees the development and implementation of all brands and advertising to strategize and implement objectives and goals for initiatives, including, but not limited to, online functionality, design, usability and measurement of added value or impact.
- Oversees the development and execution of promotional campaigns and communications plans to implement the organization's advertising and promotions strategy.
- Establishes new design integrity and marketing materials to support brand positioning within market and continuity with projects.
- Drives business strategies on the web, through e-commerce and towards social media.
- Oversees all trade association meetings to ensure proper representation and promotion of products.
- Presents sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- Oversees the tracking of program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms.
- Oversees the direction of advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
- Oversees the development and implementation of advertising and sales contracts.
- BA/BS degree.
- 10+ years experience in one of the following: Marketing / Product Management / Sales and/or Pricing.
- 5+ experience in consumer goods industry.
- 5 + include business analytics, financial planning and analysis, business strategy and successful marketing program execution.
- 3 + years people leadership experience
Preferred Qualifications (Nice To Have):
- Previous HVAC and/or similar industry experience.
- Proven ability to develop business strategies and drive implementation within a multi- channel setting.
- Thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics including industry trends and assessment of key competitors’ programs.
- Strong experience through multiple sales and distribution channels.
- Experience managing budgets to continually assess performance and take necessary actions to improve results.
- Proven financial acumen with experience in building business cases.
- Successful experience in leading multi-functional teams and working in a matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to pull data from assorted sources and synthesis in both graphic and verbal format, so that it is easily understood by the target audience.
- Bias for action. Ability to quickly identify new and innovative ways to work faster and simpler.
- Passion for servicing customers. Ability to listen to customer needs and quickly act to solve their problems, go above and beyond to exceed their expectations.
- Strong ability to lead and develop diverse teams to achieve high levels of performance in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Proven capacity to communicate professionally in written and verbal format across a wide audience.
- This position is hybrid (75% onsite, Indianapolis (IN))
- Traveling up to 50 %, Domestic, 10%, international.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.