Reporting to the VP, Corporate Development, this will be the primary marketing operations leader for Connected and is a critical role as we scale the company. This leader will work closely with the executive team to translate the brand strategy and positioning into a tactical marketing plan and execute that plan.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing market with a premium brand at the forefront of the cannabis industry.
What You Will Do
- Build and lead the marketing operations responsible for project management of all related functions
- Responsible for operations of marketing functions: Trade Marketing, Graphic Design Operations, Social Media, Digital, Advertising, Growth & Awareness, Copy, and Merchandise
- Central role between all teams to make sure product/packaging design, compliance, production, go-to-market campaigns and performance tracking are implemented and complete
- Ensure clear and concise brand and product value proposition is communicated with customers
- Support annual operating plan and long-term strategic planning, brand calendars, including budget and performance reporting
- Lead market research for consumer and industry insights to design and support brand initiatives
- Field Marketing: Events, Collateral, Experiential/In-store Events, Demos/Sell-through, Retail Co-Marketing, Seasonal drive periods, POS data, Syndicated data.
- Brand Marketing: Social media, Community building, Content creation, Event strategy, Email/text-based Marketing and Loyalty Programs, Agency Liaisons, Campaigns
- Partnership/Licensing/Co-Branding: Own the strategy and close deals in this space including influencers
What We Are Looking For
This role is focused on delivering projects and results. The ideal candidate will bring rigorous operational execution along with creative, branding, and strategic thinking. Given the newness of the category and regulatory issues, marketing tactics range from conventional channel and retail to the latest digital brand and influencer programs. Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in growth and field marketing roles for a consumer brand, lifestyle premium categories preferred, but not required.
- Great commercial acumen and proven track record of success translating brand and strategy positioning into tactical marketing plans that drive customer growth.
- Experience working with retailers to negotiate, develop and launch programs to drive product sales at high volume.
- Ability to interpret marketing vision and drive value adding insights to increase market share or drive volumes.
- Successful track record creating best-in-class, digital marketing capabilities and programs to drive brand affinity and sales. Ability to innovate, develop and execute against all product initiatives.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to deliver results.
- Strong Data Analysis Skills / be able to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Passionate about consumer lifestyle brands
- “Gets things done” - takes ownership and responsibility
- Interest in pioneering new categories
- Strong ability to influence; effective interpersonal skills; ability to effectively coach up, sideways and down
- Creative thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for impact in fast-paced, growing environments
- Develop and maintain a point of view that supports business objectives
- Optimistic; Builds and inspires the people around them
- Collaborative, works well with teams and others
- Can work at different levels, gets things done, executes
Connected is an exciting, innovative workplace with an inclusive culture that offers rare career opportunities, and a chance to make a real-world impact in a new start-up industry! We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis industry.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401 (k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program
- PTO, Flexible Schedules, Work-Life Balance
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!