Director, Lifecycle Marketing
As a critical role in our growth, the Director of Lifecycle Marketing will lead our 1:1 customer communication across channels as well as our loyalty and credit marketing programs for the organization. This role is responsible for formulating the strategy and leading execution of the programs, including ownership of lifecycle marketing from end-to-end to include; planning, deployment, reporting and optimization in support of ambitious growth objectives. You will drive the strategic development of our lifecycle programs to yield a significantly higher addressable audience of opted-in contacts, increased customer engagement, stronger retention and lifetime value, higher traffic & sales as well as customer satisfaction. You will formulate and deliver on our goals for a connected customer experience and play a critical role in our digital transformation to deliver more relevant messages via segmentation at scale. You will lead an integrated approach to create dynamic marketing programs and campaigns across channels, including but not limited to email, app notifications, website personalization, and texting.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5-7+ years of progressive, relevant experience in lifecycle marketing, email marketing and/or loyalty marketing
- Excellent leadership, project management, problem-solving, collaboration, and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed goals and drive progressive business results via lifecycle marketing programs.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects and adaptable to changes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong knowledge of the lifecycle marketing landscape, including the latest trends and best practices in customer experience and personalization/segmentation at scale.
- Experience managing loyalty marketing programs to drive enrollment, program engagement, retention and higher share of wallet.
- Working knowledge of and ability to manage email, text/SMS, app, and website channels as well as cross-channel campaigns for marketing, loyalty, and credit/financing.
- Proven success in managing and growing large databases of addressable audiences and driving incremental sales lift and improved customer satisfaction from owned programs to achieve on-budget, on-goal results.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, including combining reviewing large data sets in Excel to identify actionable insights, use of Excel pivot tables and vlookups, familiarity with data imports to business intelligence systems such as PowerBI, and ability to use Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and a multi-tasker, handling frequent priority shifts and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of successful internal and external (agency and technology partner) relationship management; strong interpersonal skills to build effective, inclusive, and collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to proactively challenge and change to maximize output
- Excellent customer service skills and thrives under pressure.
- Comfortable preparing and presenting executive-ready deliverables and PowerPoint presentations to executive audiences and large groups.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to the success of the group.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Fast-paced, high-growth retail experience is a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Formulate the strategy and lead execution of lifecycle marketing programs, including ownership of 1:1 communications and loyalty and credit/financing programs from end-to-end, including planning, deployment, reporting and optimization in support of ambitious growth objectives.
- Formulate and deliver on goals for a connected customer experience and play a critical role in our digital transformation to deliver more relevant messages via segmentation at scale.
- Drive a significantly higher addressable audience of opted-in contacts, increased customer engagement, stronger retention and lifetime value, improved loyalty enrollment and engagement, higher traffic & sales as well as improved customer satisfaction.
- Lead an integrated approach to create dynamic marketing programs and campaigns across channels you will own, including but not limited to email, app notifications, website personalization, and texting, as well as via channels beyond your ownership such as media.
- Measure and report performance of all channels and initiatives, including customer acquisition, customer spend, customer retention, loyalty enrollment/engagement, credit/financing penetration and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs both online and in stores). Identify performance and market trends and insights and optimize programs accordingly.
- Lead cross-functional teams at agencies and internally via clear direction ranging from RFP to contract negotiation to strategy to execution. Collaborate with agencies, your team, and internal stakeholders to plan, execute, and optimize campaigns.
- Own credit marketing program to drive higher credit penetration via cross-channel execution, including for website, store, 1:1 and advertising channels. Partner with the finance, credit and legal teams on promotional opportunities and requirements.
- Lead pro loyalty marketing program to drive retention and higher share of wallet from our pro customers via cross-channel execution, including for 1:1, website, store, and advertising channels. Partner with the finance and pro teams on messaging, promotional opportunities and legal requirements.
- Leverage data-driven decision making and analytics skills to drive business results.
- Fluency in A/B and multivariate testing strategies and tactics.
- Drive thought leadership and perspective for adoption of journey best practices, emerging communication formats/channels, and technology solutions as appropriate.
- Manage budget across agency partners and technology tools, including budget planning and purchase order and invoice management.
- Lead inclusive partnerships with key stakeholders across departments and teams including working with content and creative to produce assets needed for lifecycle marketing campaigns.
- Lead inclusive partnerships Pro Services, Design Services, and Store Operations teams on integrated campaign/initiative planning, execution, and reporting.
- Lead inclusive partnerships with Ecommerce and IT departments, including merchandising, development, and analytics to execute campaigns/initiatives and drive business results. Includes technology enablement for segmentation at scale in partnership with IT.
- Lead inclusive partnerships with CRM and research team to understand the customer and opportunities to improve the customer experience; formulate and execute plans to action findings via your owned areas.
- Lead inclusive partnerships with field marketing team to execute market- and store-specific communications to drive maximum results for each individual market and store.
- Lead inclusive partnership with the media and web/app team to ensure a consistent customer experience cross-channel.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate Privacy, Information Security, and Data Governance protocols and laws.
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- Occasional travel required including air and car travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
- Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.