Director, Legal Affairs
To meet its expanding needs, Saputo is recruiting a lawyer with experience in commercial law. Reporting to the Vice President, Legal Affairs (Dairy Division USA), the successful candidate will work as a member of the legal team supporting all areas of Saputo’s U.S. business.
How you will make contributions that matter
As a member of the legal team supporting Saputo’s U.S. business, your main tasks include:
Contracts and Negotiation
- Identify and advise business stakeholders on potential legal risks and provide relevant mitigation strategies;
- Draft, analyze, review, interpret and negotiate complex commercial contracts (including with customers, suppliers and other partners);
- Provide legal opinions and strategic advice to management;
- Collaborate directly with senior leaders to support the Company’s day-to-day business operations;
- Provide ongoing legal support to service departments and business units in connection with the Company’s operations;
- Support business activities to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies, standards and objectives, contractual obligations, and relevant laws and regulations;
- Monitor changes in legislation and jurisprudence that may have an impact on the Company’s operations;
- Proactively identify issues of major legal importance;
- Supervise a lawyer(s) and ensure, through coaching and regular feedback, their development of competencies and knowledge, as well as support them in their career objectives;
- Provide leadership and direction to team colleagues working collaboratively on files that require timely and effective resolution.
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of pertinent experience in commercial law as an attorney at a large law firm or corporation;
- Juris doctorate degree from an accredited law school with license to practice law in Wisconsin or in another U.S. jurisdiction;
- Experience in the food and beverage industry would be an asset, but not a requirement;
- Strong legal capabilities, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong leadership qualities, sound judgment and self-confidence, including proven ability to supervise and execute complex mandates autonomously and in a team environment;
- Results driven and ability to “think outside of the box”;
- Sound business and legal judgement;
- Strong business acumen;
- Ability to work independently / autonomously and take charge of files;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage and execute high volume and variety of requests simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively internally with multi-disciplinary teams and externally with business and legal professionals;
- Experience managing and coaching others;
- Highly ethical and accountable;
- Strong team player and collaborators
- Available to travel occasionally.
We Support and Care For Our Employees By Providing Them With…
- Development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).