North Carolina, United States
Ohio, United States
Texas, United States
New Jersey, United States
Virginia, United States
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking a talented and highly motivated attorney to join its Legal Department, leading a team of attorneys supporting PayPal’s US Buy Now, Pay Later business.Job Description:
PayPal’s innovative technology and approaches to payments, coupled with an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment, provide robust career opportunities for attorneys motivated and driven by creative clients and a fast paced, cutting edge culture.
This role will be leading a team of attorneys supporting PayPal’s U.S. consumer installment lending products. Responsibilities include providing strategic and regulatory guidance on new product initiatives and existing product enhancements, partnering with leaders across the organization to respond to proposed and enacted legislation, support state licensing and bank partner relationships, as well as managing and developing the team.
The successful candidate will have the following specific qualifications and experience:
- Significant expertise in legal issues arising in most, if not all, of the following areas: credit and lending, buy now pay later products, financial services, consumer protection, and marketing.
- Significant expertise and prior experience in state laws governing consumer credit installment products
- Significant expertise and prior experience in federal laws and regulations such as: EFTA/Reg. E, TILA/Reg. Z, FCRA/Reg. V, FACTA, GLBA/Reg. P, UDAAP, FDCPA, ECOA/Reg. B, SCRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, and other laws affecting payments products, and consumer and small business credit products.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, credit cards or other lending products.
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies, regulatory exams, internal and third-party audits.
- Experience supporting compliance and risk teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in many cases, will be matters of first impression.
- Openness to adapting his/her practice in response to the changing landscape of the industry.
- Strong proficiency in working with a team-based approach to subject matter management and knowledge sharing, and comfort with a flexible, agile environment that emphasizes collaboration and team performance over management hierarchy. The successful candidate will enthusiastically collaborate with PayPal legal colleagues across our global organization and be able to hit the ground running.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm and help drive solutions while providing sound legal advice under challenging circumstances.
- 12 or more years of relevant experience practicing either in-house (or in an equivalent setting) or at a reputable law firm.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree. Admitted to a state bar and in good standing.
- Exceptional writing skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to generate creative, original drafted documents, agreements, and disclosures.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently.
- Ability to effectively synthesize and explain complex and detailed legal requirements to clients across different levels within the organization.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.