Director, Labour, and Employee Relations
In the role of Director, Labor, and Employee Relations you will deliver the organization's labor relations strategies and services. This role manages the organization's labor and employee relations program. Cultivates a positive working relationship with organized labor and ensures the preservation of the company’s management rights. This role leads the negotiation strategy and process consistent with the company’s objectives. Chief spokesperson for negotiations. Acts as counsel to executive/senior leadership regarding labor activities. Provides labor and employment issues advice to HR managers of bargaining unit employees.
Areas of responsibility include contract negotiations; contract interpretation and company advocate in labor arbitration. Conducts internal audits of labor relations issues to identify possible violations and makes recommendations of appropriate actions to resolve issues. Supports grievance and corrective action process. This role can be in Montreal.
- Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Maintains positive labor-management relationships to best deliver on desired business results
- Partners with HR and Management on investigations and mediations. Works closely with Division and Corporate representatives on formal responses to external charges.
- Leads and coordinates contract negotiations, representing and operationally defining labor policies that are competitive and ensures cost effective labor agreements across all business units.
- Conducts due-diligence and provides labor relations advise on mergers, acquisitions, new business ventures, business consolidations and reorganizations.
- Interprets and assists in administration of all Collective Bargaining Agreements including the grievance procedure.
- Presents and clarifies employee and labor issues
- Serves as the spokesperson on labor issues as directed.
- Directs the interpretation and administration of company policies.
- Consult with and train managers and supervisors regarding employee and labor relations laws, issues, strategies, and guidelines.
- Supports the development of labor and employee relations capability within HR.
- Ensure personal credibility and impact through influencing others, leading people, and communicating clearly.
- Create and maintain relationships with other HR functions through partnerships.
The Other Qualifications:
- You have a BA/BS degree with a minimum of ten years’ experience in employee and labor relations.
- You have experience managing and negotiating collective bargaining agreements, handling arbitrations and oversight of union organizing drives
- You have strong communication and relationship building skills with all levels of management and proven ability to provide meaningful recommendations to leadership in a variety of employee and labor-related areas
- You have strong leadership skills, demonstrated by the ability to build strong relationships to achieve positive employee and labor-management relations
- You have strong knowledge of labor and employment law.
- You are bilingual-French/English
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance including a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office
- We care about our People and Planet and have challenged ourselves with stretch goals around our key priorities
- We care about our communities, and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental, vision, pension plan option with incredible employer match, generous paid time off plans, an engaging Wellness Program, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with amazing resources
- On site Pub, access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events and, of course... free beer and beverages!
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.