Director, IT Project Mgmt
Redwood City, CA
Plymouth Meeting, PA
San Diego, CA
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reporting to the Senior Director, Office of CIO, the Director, IT Program Management is responsible for planning and execution of large IT programs or projects; managing a portfolio of IT projects; and managing project managers in support of portfolio delivery. Primary portfolio for project delivery is anticipated to be targeted for the Enterprise.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Program Management and Execution
- Responsible for program/project delivery including managing program inter-dependencies, scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, and resources
- Responsible for delivering outcomes tied to business value and focused on optimization of end-to-end process and user experience
- Establishes and maintains appropriate business relationships with stakeholders and acts as focal point for program-related activities
- Ensures appropriate organizational change management is integrated into all program and project initiatives providing for a positive end user experience and adoption
- Responsible for building effective, collaborative, high performing teams
- Manages and mentors internal and external project management and team resources
- Ensure appropriate budget development and forecasting for all assigned program and projects
- Ensures effective communication with all project stakeholders including steering committees, core team members and project owners
- Responsible for resource management, including resource conflict resolution, for assigned programs/projects
Teamwork and Leadership
- Ensures collaboration with all functional business units within Emergent and across IT to achieve strategic, tactical and program/project goals.
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization effectively
- Drive continuous improvement through lessons learned, innovative and agile thinking
- Role model for open communications and conflict resolution
- Builds effective teams and utilizes each project team member to his/her fullest potential
- Remains on the forefront of emerging Project/Program/Vendor Management best practices
- Provides clear direction and mentoring to internal and external staff
Evolve PMO Tools and Practices
- Support evolving PMO practices through improvements to Portfolio management system (currently Smartsheet with plans to transition to EPMO tool in 2023)
- Support Head, OCIO in overseeing adherence to IT PMO practices by PMs aligned to functional domains
- Ensures stake holders are effectively informed of program/project information and involved in relevant decision making
- Facilitates team meetings effectively
- Develops and executes program/project communications plans
- Delivers actionable, well-organized presentations appropriate for varying audiences from C-suite to SMEs
- Communicate openly and honestly with all stake holders
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- 15+ years IT experience
- 10-12+ years IT project management experience of increasing project size and complexity
- Excellent skills in IT Program and Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience supervising project managers
- Bachelor's degree; specialization in IT or Management Information Systems (MIS) preferred.
- PMP Certified
- Strong influencing skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Ability and desire to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Must have current experience managing multiple $1M + projects, spanning multiple locations
- Experience managing IT Projects in a GxP or another regulated environment
- Experience in an environment subject to SOX controls
- Life Sciences industry experience (highly desirable)
- Proven ability to manage IT Vendors and contract staff
- Experience effectively managing RFP process for IT solutions
- Experience implementing COTS solutions
- Experience implementing SaaS solutions
- Experience with multiple project methodologies, including waterfall and Agile.
- Strong Time Management, Organization and Execution Skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills required to effectively work across a diverse group including executives, managers, and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to understand/dissect organizational culture and tailor communication and processes to successfully navigate the same.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.