Director, Investor Relations
Key financial leadership role in Investor Relations supporting the CEO and CFO with investor messaging, quarterly earnings calls and insights from the investment community. The primary responsibility of this role is to evolve the strategic direction of the IR function to become a more analytical, data-driven team that leverages external knowledge to influence business direction. Opportunities include optimizing the investor outreach plan, improving strategic and financial messaging and conducting investor perception studies to understand the effectiveness of Grainger's communication of strategy and financials. You will report to the Vice President, Investor Relations.
- You will be point of contact with the investment community to address questions, while building strong relationships with analysts and investors.
- Design and implement messaging strategies for financial, strategic and reputational programs and challenges, including:
- CEO messaging and materials development for quarterly earnings calls and other IR-related communications.
- IR presentations, messaging and materials development for C-Suite presentations at investor events.
- Corporate governance and any shareholder activism communications.
- Investor perception studies to provide further insight into external messaging.
- Stay up-to-date on competitive landscape, industry developments and macro-economic trends.
- Build and maintain an investment model to understand how guidance and other company commentary might be synthesized by external audiences.
- Develop an appropriate investor targeting plan that aligns with Grainger's objectives to maintain and grow our current shareholder base, while also attracting new investors. Utilize C-Suite time effectively and efficiently.
- Undergraduate degree required. Preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- MBA preferred.
- 8+ years professional experience.
- Knowledge of investor relations would be a plus.
- Strong financial acumen required.
- Executive level presence to facilitate routine and accelerated work requests and manage internal corporate expectations.
- Immense personal initiative is required to anticipate requests before they are received.
- Experience working within a public company highly preferred.
- Ability to manage a high volume of detailed work with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.