Director - Investment Operations
MetLifeWhippany, NJ17 days ago
MetLife Investment Management (“MIM”), MetLife Inc.’s institutional investment management business, is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With over $500 billion combined domestic and international assets under management, MIM is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of MIM is to maximize our institutional client’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the client’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
In this role, you will contribute to the overall success of the Real Estate Client Service Operations Team and ensure specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. You will ensure all activities conducted in accordance of compliance regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Create Mission Statement – Purpose and role of team
- Define individual roles (including new hire requirements)
- Evaluate current/future responsibilities for appropriate alignment
- Establish capacity and performance metrics
- Enhance existing training program (cross-training if roles are setup for specific asset type)
- Oversee team and individual performance (Yearend ratings and reviews)
- Forward thinking approach to simplify business model, with focus on service
- Establish regular engagement with business partners to ensure objectives are being met
- Engage in regular 1:1 and team meetings to create strong communication, sense of ownership, and solicit contribution of ideas and implementing them
- Ability to prioritize (and re-prioritize) at a moment’s notice if situation demands
- Provide exceptional customer service to extend existing clients satisfaction
- Regular phone and email interaction with client to address questions
- Provides clients with alternative solutions to requests and be able to identify possible plan design alternatives
- Acts as a liaison between the client and internal MetLife teams
- Collaborates to ensure all operational and service aspects of the IMA are correctly interpreted and implemented
- Create and deliver quarterly client reporting
- End to end responsibility of client on-boarding, or termination/transition plans
- Collaborate with and act as a liaison with Third Party Administrator to assist with problem resolution and trouble shooting
- Support audits and/or regulatory examinations (Internal Audit, SSAE16, SOX)
- Participate in cross functional project teams
- Attend client meetings as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required, ideally in Investment Management of Real Estate
- Strong organizational, communication, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable risk and controls awareness and ability to apply this to the operating environment
- Preferable system knowledge - Vermillion, Factset, Salesforce
- Proven track record of implementing change and managing through difficult circumstances
- Advanced computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to implement tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Team player with good interpersonal skills who fosters team spirit in a global setting
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting, Economics, Finance or a related discipline
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.