Director, Internal Communications
Blizzard EntertainmentIrvine, CA25 days ago
Blizzard Entertainment seeks an experienced Director of Internal Communications to oversee the development of employee comms strategies to continually keep our teams informed and engaged. We are looking for someone who can be a trusted advisor to company leadership in bringing our vision, values, and goals to life internally; is an excellent multitasker and writer/editor; and is a clear, concise communicator who can accurately translate varying employee perspectives into strategic insights.
The ideal candidate has at least 11 to 13 years of experience, preferably in gaming, entertainment, or technology in global or multi-market companies and is experienced in change and crisis management, cool under fire, and familiar with the field’s latest tools and tactics. Candidates should be adaptable, anticipatory, and results-oriented; exert influence without always having authority; and easily switch gears from high-level strategy-setting to hands-dirty execution while contributing to the goals of the overall Blizzard communications program.
The director of internal communications will be responsible for the development and execution of the companywide and franchise-level employee communications goals, key metrics, strategy, and plans by which their success will be measured. The role will work closely and collaboratively with the broader communications team in HQ and regional offices (including shared resources they will manage and mentor), executive and development leadership, HR, and more.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Draft, present, implement, and maintain detailed internal communications plans, points of view, calendars, content, and collateral, including HR comms, product announcements and updates, crisis and change management messaging, and speeches and talking points—leading discussions and coordinating efforts around milestone timing, strategy, and tactical execution.
- Be a trusted advisor to executive leadership in discussions around internal comms pillars, tone, content strategy, and delivery; ensure what’s best for Blizzard’s employees is always strongly considered and resolve competing interests when needed.
- Develop internal comms goals, strategies, KPIs, and program roadmaps, and be a leading voice in the development of overarching communications plans and strategies.
- Provide and manage strategic vision for partners working within the function and across regions, ensuring alignment and cohesion with broader and/or external messaging, planning, and activations.
- Effectively prioritize high-impact initiatives and opportunities, mapping back to company goals.
- Maintain regular methods of efficient info sharing, gathering, and dissemination from/to/among relevant stakeholders across the local and regional communications teams.
- Manage and mentor teammates; foster an inclusive, positive culture; and make staffing and organizational recommendations as needed.
- Lead creative ideation sessions and brainstorms to identify opportunities and inventive solutions.
- Work across the broader organization to establish a framework for measuring functional success, and regularly monitor and report results.
- Serve as a primary partner in curating and refining content, and in building agendas for company milestone meetings and all-hands, in collaboration with a wide array of teams, from development and HR, to events and in-house video production.
- Develop internal crisis comms strategy and reactive messaging in addition to creating plans that identify and address emerging challenges/issues.
- Work across partner teams and stakeholders to continually improve process and workflow.
- Develop and manage functional budget.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- A minimum of 11-13 years’ experience in internal communications in gaming or a relevant field
- Strategic, anticipatory leader with a global program management background, and a proven track record of results
- Excellent verbal communicator, editor, and writer who can create compelling, authentic messaging on tight deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize, distill, and disseminate complex concepts and information from across a variety of business areas
- A modern communicator with familiarity managing content on a company intranet, and in using the latest tools and methods like Microsoft Stream, Sharepoint and others
- Experience working closely with, and coaching, executive leadership toward building positive internal profiles
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- A passionate gamer
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submissions with cover letters will be considered.