Director, Internal Audit
COTY is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. COTY is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. COTY’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. COTY and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
We are looking for a Director, IT Audit to support the goals of the Internal Audit organization and its customers in the areas of Accounting and Finance. Internal Audit work is focused on the following primary activities:
- Assisting Coty’s Audit and Finance Committee (“AFC”) of the Board of Directors in their risk oversight responsibilities;
- Evaluating internal control environment in critical business processes and technologies and making recommendations;
- Taking a leadership role with the company’s process to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”);
- Performing period formal risk assessments to be shared with management and the AFC;
- Helping develop global policies and procedures;
- Assisting the company’s independent auditor with their annual audit; and
- Performing various other consulting and special projects.
The Director, IT Audit is responsible for drafting the company’s Internal Audit Project Plan and managing the successful execution of significant components of it, with a specific focus on IT related tasks. Working directly with members of the Internal Audit team and the Senior Vice President, Internal Audit, the Director, IT Audit will:
- Coordinate the annual risk assessment, collecting input from senior management and assessing company’s strategic initiatives and changes in the business, and determine the appropriate project considerations to assess the effectiveness of the company’s risk management plans. This will include a specific focus on IT related risks.
- Develop and the execute the risk-based IT audit plan. Draft plan for Audit and Finance Committee review;
- Plan audit projects and develop audit programs (including IT policy compliance, system implementation, security incident, and other projects) to meet Internal Audit Project Plan objectives and timeline commitments. This includes determine staffing requirements for projects under your responsibility;
- Project manage audit projects (including SOX testing) to meet cost and timeline commitments under your responsibility. Ensure all audit program steps meet project objectives and are completed and reviewed on schedule;
- Review internal control testing of the IT General Controls as part of the SOX process and document your work as needed;
- Understand and assess the IT system flows, technology risks, and the related controls supporting the business processes. Identify gaps and inefficiencies in the ITGC environments and provide recommendations to close those gaps and improve process efficiencies;
- Supervise IT policy compliance, business continuity, system implementation, security incident, and other IT audits;
- Perform preliminary evaluation of control exceptions to determine if a deficiency exists and the level of that deficiency. Discuss issues with management to agree on risks and remediation needed;
- Communicate findings and recommendations to all levels of departmental and operating unit management, including Vice President and Senior Vice President levels, verbally and through concisely written reports;
- Supervise staff and review their work to ensure it meets the standards of the Coty Internal Audit organization;
- Perform evaluations of audit staff during and after each audit project and foster an environment for development as needed;
- Develop staff members for succession planning within the Coty Internal Audit Organization, and
- Perform various administration tasks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform both SOX and non-SOX audits of business processes outside of the IT area;
- Develop an understanding of the organization as a whole, and specifically its key business processes;
- Develop and foster strong professional relationships within company;
- Build the department’s standing and credibility throughout the organization; and
- Take a proactive role in departmental continuous improvement initiatives.
The Director, IT Audit will have exposure to and interaction with personnel from many company locations and headquarters functions. Disciplines include, among others, marketing, sales & distribution, manufacturing, finance, human resources, research & development and information technology.
Other Elements of the Position
- Travel is expected to be approximately 10%-30% of the time, including to international locations.
- The ability to interact and collaborate with subordinates, peers, and senior management in a professional and partnering manner and instil confidence that will influence decision making.
- Expert decision making is expected on complex, technical issues. Typically, these will entail technology and control issues as well as other issues such as organizational development. Position will participate in the decision-making process for department and company-wide policies.
- Position is expected to identify and resolve issues in the projects as they arise. In addition, the ability to anticipate potential risks that could create problems in the future that comes from years of experience is expected. Communication to higher levels of management is to inform and approve actions for resolution as needed.
- Position will be responsible for determining the need for and directly managing external resources that are engaged for projects. This will include effectively managing the timing of work between the external resources and Coty employees to maximize productivity of internal and external resources.
- Position will have some budgetary commitment responsibility with the department budget and commitment authorization levels up to $250,000.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelors degree in information systems, accounting, or equivalent.
- 11+ years of professional experience in public accounting, internal audit, and/or consulting and a strong technology background.
- CISA certification or comparable certification.
- Expert knowledge of COBIT and IT general controls (information security, change management, computer operations).
- Working knowledge of various technologies, applications, operating systems, and databases (preferably SAP ERP / GRC, Windows, Unix / Linux, Oracle databases, Active Directory).
- Expert understanding of current cybersecurity risks and trends.
- Expert understanding of the system development lifecycle and the business risks associated with system implementations.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal, writing, presentation).
- Executive management presence.
- Ability to travel, including internationally.
- Masters degree in information systems or a similar technical discipline.
- Experience communicating at the Board level.
- Finance background with experience performing audits outside of IT.
- Experience in public accounting, internal audit, and/or consulting and a good financial background.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience.
- Some operational experience within IT or other functional category.
- Prior beauty industry, consumer products, or manufacturing experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Salary Range: $155,000-180,000