Director, Internal Audit
TelevisaUnivision is seeking a Director of Internal Audit. In this role you will add value by assessing TelevisaUnivision’s control environment with a disciplined approach to maximizing the effectiveness of our risk management, accounting control, and financial governance processes.
- Manage the audit schedule and staffing of audits included in the annual audit plan. Be responsible for all aspects of SOX 404 requirements
- Drive the overall execution of audit engagements and actively manage the quality and timeliness of completed work. Review team members’ work papers to ensure appropriate documentation and support aligned with internal quality control standards / the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professional Practices Framework
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business processes subject to audit and maintain active relationships within the Company to facilitate audit execution and understand business process changes and related risk impact
- Draft/Review audit reports prepared by the team to ensure the factual accuracy and root causes of issues were identified and corrective action plans sufficiently remediate control issues
- Develop internal team members to ensure staff have the skills and knowledge to collectively drive toward departmental goals
- Continuously analyze internal audit processes to identify continuous improvement opportunities within the department
- Assist the Chief Audit Executive with scoping procedures to determine the Annual Audit Plan
- Consolidate Internal Audit findings to the Chief Audit Executive for presentation to the Audit Committee
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance / Accounting or related discipline required. Master’s degree / CIA / CPA a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in Internal Audit with SOX compliance experience in a leadership capacity preferred. Technology Media and Entertainment industries preferred
- Experience in client serving roles managing both SOX and non-SOX projects preferred
- Innovative problem-solving skills with a drive for results
- Demonstrated project management skills, including managing concurrent audits from beginning to end
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all levels of management, external auditors, and all functions of the company
- Detailed understanding of US GAAP, SOX requirements (ITGC knowledge preferred), COSO framework, and the audit process
- Ability to speak/write/understand Spanish is preferred
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.