Director, Information Technology
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At SIE, the IT Service & Support function is critical to enabling smooth business operations, productivity, and customer satisfaction. This is a hands-on leadership role with a unique set of challenges and huge opportunities to develop and mature the operation as it continues to globalize.
As a leader in the IT S&S space, you are responsible for championing a vision that aligns with, and further enables SIE’s growth. Your principal areas of responsibility include:
- development of a strategic approach to IT engagement across the Americas and Europe
- implementation of a global ITSM capability, coordinating IT managers across regions
- driving continuous evolution of IT support capabilities, based on data-driven improvement plans
This highly collaborative leadership role includes working with a globally distributed team to understand the requirements of our internal customers and deliver flexible solutions to support changing business needs.
You have the opportunity to develop:
- Direction and management of Tier 1 support provisioned by a Global IT Service Desk
- Service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess performance against established benchmarks
- Business ownership of the ITSM toolset, aligning development to strategic direction
- Service Transition and Knowledge Management
- Hardware and software asset management
- On/offboarding, IT inductions, Walk-Up Desk and meeting room support
- Shared responsibility for event support and AV/VC management
Success in this role requires close partnership with senior managers of Tier 2 IT Support, leaders across the wider IT organisation and key business functions such as Information Security & Facilities Management.
You will bring extensive technical expertise coupled with a strong customer focus, excellent data analysis skills and a proven team-building track record. We are looking for a leader with a focus on operational excellence, and passion that is contagious.
- Attracts and empowers highly engaged, passionate, diverse, driven talent, leading and inspiring our globally distributed Service & Support function
- Experienced operational leader that drives excellence and continuous improvement within their team and across the organization
- Develops strong operational team structure and actively promotes succession planning
- Actively assumes ownership of new initiatives and showcases steadfast outcomes
- Prepares and presents comprehensive and meaningful reports on Service & Support metrics for senior leadership
- Energetically, passionately, and successfully works across organizational boundaries, collaborating to deliver best in class support services
- Creates an environment for teams to innovate, self-improve and implement with urgency and accuracy
- Strong advocate for workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise by identifying and optimizing automated self-service capabilities to drive efficiencies
- Maintains an evergreen view of our future state, leading and delivering results against strategic initiatives.
- Participates in roadmap discussions, identifies key areas for improvement in the support space and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives
- Extensive recent experience managing a 3rd party vendor delivering IT services into an Enterprise environment
- Strong budget management skills
- Proven success in delivering successful IT support at an enterprise scale and developing game-changing IT Service Management capabilities
- Experience in researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit, operations, and cost efficiencies
- Drive and passion for technology leadership with the ability to excite, mentor, develop and empower team members
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills with a presentation style that engages and delights up, down and across the organization
- Effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Deep technical/business process experience with ITSM toolsets, preferably ServiceNow
- BS or MS degree in Information Technology or Information Security or equivalent experience
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.