Director, Human Resources
In this role, you will lead a team of three HR Business Partners and an HR Specialist to support the Ontario regional leaders who manage 1,400 union & non-union employees across 11 locations for the sales, distribution, and manufacturing functions. You will partner with senior leaders to ensure policies, workforce management, labour relations and people strategies deliver on business objectives & plans. This role reports into the Senior Director, Human Resources who oversees HR nationally.
We are looking for an experienced change agent leader with strong communication & collaboration skills that leads with a future focus and growth mindset. In partnership with cross functional HR COE teams (Labour Relations, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards & Organizational Capabilities), you will oversee and support developing HR best practices: workforce planning/hiring, succession and talent development, performance management, turnover/retention strategies, labour relations, employee relations, and diversity & inclusion initiatives.
This is a hybrid position based out of our Brampton facility with occasional travel to our corporate offices in Toronto and surrounding regions across Ontario.
- Provide expertise and counsel on human resources programs & policies including performance management, talent and succession planning, workforce planning, employee engagement, organizational development, and compensation to business leaders
- Provide counsel to business leaders and manage the labour relations requirements of 7 collective agreements including: communications, investigations and disciplinary actions through to arbitration, training new people leaders, and supporting the Labour Relations Director in preparation for collective bargaining
- Review HR KPI data analysis with leaders to drive informed decision-making and performance tracking against people strategies
- Establish forecasting workforce & succession planning processes and practices to drive proactive people planning and readiness for business growth
- Develop new HR programs to help achieve annual business plans as well as lead and support national projects & initiatives in collaboration with other COE teams
- Lead training for employees and managers on employee development, employee relations and labour relations.
- Counsel business & HR leaders on continuous improvement opportunities, industry standards and HR/LR best practices
Education & Experience
- University degree or college diploma required - Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- 8 - 10 years of progressive human resources experience including team leadership
- 5+ year of labour relations experience is required
- Previous experience in consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry or manufacturing environment preferred
- HRIS experience with SAP/SuccessFactors or comparable enterprise systems is an asset
- HR KPI data analytics & reporting experience is an asset
- Change agent
- Influencing/communication skills
Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (Coke Canada) is an independently owned business with over 6,000 employees, 50 sales and distribution centres and 5 production facilities nationwide and we are growing! In 2023, Coke Canada was named one of the top employers for Diversity in Canada by Forbes and was the highest ranked for Diversity in Canada in the Food, Soft Beverages, Alcohol & Tobacco category.
Driving our growth together, our goal is to become the leading beverage partner in Canada and we know that this is achievable through our people….the best people!
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide Coke Canada with proof of vaccination. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.