Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Elation Health is seeking a passionate, experienced, thoughtful, and fast paced Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join our People Operations team. This individual will help create a remarkable experience for our people, and help transform healthcare one primary care practice at a time.
The Director, HRBP will develop and implement best practices in areas such as employee relations, performance management, career pathing, and compensation. Additionally, this role will partner very closely with employees at all levels of the organization as an HRBP to drive performance and employee focused initiatives. High business acumen, experience with local, state, and federal laws (including CA), excellent relationship building and manager coaching skills are essential. This role will report to the Chief People Officer.
- Add expertise and insight to a growing People Ops team focused on building an amazing employee experience
- Partner with senior and mid-level leaders to support the growth of the business by providing thought leadership and guidance in the areas of employee relations, performance management, strategic workforce planning, organizational design, development and coaching, and succession planning
- Support People Ops colleagues and business leaders with core HR processes (e.g., performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions and internal career pathing)
- Develop and implement comprehensive HR policies, processes, and frameworks to minimize business risk, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve the employee experience (e.g., oversee and administer activities related to policy development, leave management, HR audit controls, immigration, employee records, promotions, transfers, terminations and more)
- Manage and ensure compliance with Elation, state, and federal policies and conduct internal investigations when necessary.
- Steer our people programs to deliver value to managers and employees, and work with managers to bring those programs to life within their teams
- Guide organizational design initiatives that thoughtfully meet business needs and build world class environments that employees can thrive in throughout their tenures
- Help to meet the diversity of needs in our client and employee bases by supporting EDIB initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- 7+ years of relevant experience (HRBP, HR Generalist, Senior Manager, etc.); with significant experience with employee relations and performance management.
- Passion for creating a modern approach to an amazing employee experience with a service minded, talented, and collaborative team
- Experience in compensation & benefits, leave management, org design and talent development a plus
- Deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Superb communication skills, including effective listening and writing. Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills and ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen; analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Consistent track record in partnering with leaders to drive core business and organizational health metrics
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills, capable of working with, mentoring, and training leaders and frontline managers alike.
- Ideally, successful experience as a strategic partner with dynamic, challenging responsibilities in a fast-growing company
- Familiar with Google Suite, Slack, Zoom, and Asana
- Pacific or Mountain time zone preferred
Elation welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life. Elation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and value individuals with diverse perspectives including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Elation also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. We firmly believe a strong culture that supports a diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to achieve Elation’s mission of helping independent primary care thrive.
As a healthcare technology company whose mission is to support IPCPs and frontline healthcare workers, and as a tight-knit company where we have the utmost concern and care for our team members, Elation Health has adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
We will not require any candidates to be vaccinated in order to interview for our open positions, but all new hires at Elation will be required to share a copy of their vaccination certification or present documentation to request an exemption.
In compliance with the EEOC, any team member in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must provide People Ops (firstname.lastname@example.org) with appropriate documentation. For a medical exemption, we require a doctor’s note, and for a religious exemption, we require a note from the team member outlining the request.