Director, Human Resources
The Director, Human Resources (HRBP) partners with senior business leaders to manage continuous change within their teams through strategic & tactical business leadership consultation. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Human Resources (HRBP), this role will diagnose highly complex client business issues and engage relevant HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to ensure delivery of scalable and effective workforce solutions. Additionally, s/he will guide client groups through tactical HR processes & programs and investigate / resolve employee relations issues. S/he will be an active member of client leadership team(s), serving as an advisor, providing strategic guidance, influencing workforce & business decisions. This role may manage other HRBP staff.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strategic HR Leadership & Business Partnering
- Partner with client leadership to fully understand the business and offer solutions and HR strategies to support key initiatives
- Provide leadership for Human Resources staff, set direction, and business/strategic direction
- Improve processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as a key contributor/team member on various client leadership teams and other key committees
- Serve as a liaison between business departments and HR functional areas and by communicating HR initiatives/programs; partner with other HR functional areas to include recruiting, organizational development, compensation, and benefits in order to meet company goals and objectives
- Prepare communications materials for broad audiences across sites and functions.
- Oversee functional talent management process and work closely with the client leadership teams to successfully implement & operate
- Collaborate on the client group recruitment and hiring activities
- Manage client group application of performance review system
- Lead client group completion of succession planning process
- Ensure workplace diversity and application of the Affirmative Action Program
- Assess future talent needs and implement proactive strategies to meet those needs
- Consult on functional workforce plans
- Identify and work with client leadership team to positively address organizational needs to strengthen effectiveness and capabilities
- Provide support to client leadership regarding effective organizational structures
- Provide oversight and direction to client group organizational changes
- Help leaders cultivate a positive employee relations climate
- Handle complex employee relations issues
- Advise management regarding employee corrective actions and oversee employee termination process
- Collaborate to build understanding of our key compensation philosophies and systems at the appropriate levels for client group managers and employees
- Provide client support and review of annual merit/bonus process
- Review and approve salary recommendations
HR Policy Administration
- Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries
- Ensure managers are educated on HR procedures and policies
- Complete special projects
- Maintain current human resources knowledge to ensure company compliance with all federal, state, and local laws related to employment
- Ensure HR documentation/administration is fully compliant with SOX regulations
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, Organization Development, Communications, or related field
- A Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in Organization Development highly preferred
- More than 12 years of broad-based HR experience, including 5+ years of management required; prior experience in life-sciences is preferred
- Must be able to operate in a matrixed environment; multi-national organization experience preferred
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated capabilities in decision quality and timely decision making
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex data and provide recommendations
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.