Director Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for staffing qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage benefit worker's compensation unemployment; training program direction implementation and administration; and employee relations coaching counseling and discipline. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws are helpful.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol awareness CPR and First Aid.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and fellow Associates.
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human Resources/Associate regulations and laws and ensure that the property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO Unemployment Wage & Hour Worker's Compensation OSHA ADA Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance.
- Communicate new policies information and directives to all Associates.
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment screening and reference checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit interview and recommend all exempt personnel
- Maintain Associate benefits programs union relations dues and welfare pension funds..
- Set up approve and maintain all wage and salary programs including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all Associate transitions i.e. new hire transfer promotion etc. Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest through Associate development and motivation.
- Maintain open door policy.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training modules.
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of committees.
- Practice positive Associate relations including coaching counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain "no cost" _ benefit programs.
- Monitor training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching counseling and discipline to address issues/concerns.
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all Associates.
- Condense and expedite paperwork develop internal communications improve record keeping.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Featuring an indoor pool and health club, this Minneapolis Marriott Northwest hotel offers suites equipped with living areas and sofa beds. The hotel, located just off Interstate 94, serves a continental breakfast is served each morning. .
Each suite at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest comes equipped with 2 flat-screen TVs. All air-conditioned suites include a refrigerator and a large work desk.
A convenience store with snacks and drinks is available on the property at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. The 24-hour front desk offers guests fax and photocopying services and daily newspapers. A business center is featured on site.