This position will report to Proterra’s Chief People Officer and have dotted line reporting to the assigned Proterra business segment president. This role will provide HR client support to other key functional leaders and their teams and build relationship and partnership with leaders within those organizations. This is a critical strategic role which will have full scope HR partnership responsibility, coaching, organizational design, succession planning, talent development all other day-to-day oversight of HR activities for an organization of ~500 employees in both the hourly and salaried groups. The incumbent will supervise a team of 2-3 HR professionals and grow his/her team appropriately as the business continues to grow.
About the Role – You Will:
- Accountable for all HR-related functions, providing strategic HR leadership and vision that aligns the organization’s mission and vision.
- Responsible for directing the implementation of all human resource systems and programs including employee selection and development, employee relations, talent management, performance management, and diversity initiatives relative to business strategies; Enforce HR policies and programs and drive HR systems (including HRIS), processes and solutions to create an organizational climate of high productivity and engagement.
- Understand and align with Proterra’s people strategy, policies and programs. Links effectively and communicates regularly with HR and other leaders in all Proterra locations.
- Serve as a business partner to senior leadership regarding the execution of business strategy related to human resources initiatives; identifies opportunities and creates solutions to enhance organizational effectiveness as well as the development and execution of strategies through organizational readiness to support Proterra’s growth objectives.
- Prioritize long-term needs with tactical execution
- Work systemically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root cause and recommend solutions for HR related issues; develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Make excellent business and people decisions in regards to issues of talent and performance.
- Delivers HR services to ensure that processes are streamlined and effective for business strategy.
- Implement communication strategies and programs to effectively communicate corporate initiatives; Communicate and partner with Proterra’s employees and leaders.
About Our Group
- As strategic partners, the Human Resource team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect, and always try to have a little fun every day!
- You will report to the CPO and collaborate with other HR team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and manufacturing facilities in Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, human resources or other related fields
- 8-10 years of experience including demonstrated competencies in Human Resources principles.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience (plant start-up experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate people in an internally and externally changing environment.
- Proven track record of strong leadership abilities and building strong relationships with a combination of robust decision-making capability and a high degree of subtle influencing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Human Resources with a thorough understanding of high-quality professional HR service delivery that is consistent and cost effective.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and execute across structural and cultural boundaries.
- Strong knowledge of strategic resource allocation, professional development and talent acquisition and retention, total rewards, performance management and compliance requirements.
- Strong results orientation with excellent execution ability.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and sometimes conflicting priorities within and between departments and business units; thought leader that creates a culture of openness, accountability and trust.
- Experience as an influencer, coach, facilitator and or people motivator with demonstrated hands-on leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, analytical and research skills.
- Successful experience in fast-paced environments with proven track record of creating the programs, processes and problem solving that is integral to business success.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Location: Greenville, SC; Greer, SC
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)