Director, Head of Sustainability
Crow Holdings seeks an experienced professional to grow its sustainability program across the firm. The Director will focus on impact investing and sustainability integration across the firm’s funds, developments and new business products. Candidate should have prior real estate experience with a focus on sustainable development and operating practices, experience interacting with investors, and be well-versed in current industry standards in sustainability.
- Develop a firm-wide program to increase adoption of sustainable investing initiatives, including but not limited to carbon reduction/Net Zero initiatives, climate resilience, renewable energy, green building, etc.
- Collaborate with development companies to improve sustainable development practices
- Participate in fundraising efforts through sustainability-focused due diligence calls and in-person meetings with investors
- Part of the team to evaluate business opportunities including starting and/or investing in platforms connected to sustainability
- Evaluate green certifications, such as LEED, BREEAM, IREM, ENERGY STAR, etc.
- Oversee completion of sustainability acquisition and development assessments during diligence, provide recommendations for sustainability implementations, assist in ROI analysis, and track sustainability improvements with semi-annual business plans
- Work with Asset Managers and third-party Property Managers to increase energy-efficiency across operating assets
- Monitor and benchmark real estate assets for sustainability metrics across the firm, including overseeing current reporting provided by sustainability consultant
- Responsible for sustainability investor reporting and communicating sustainability improvements across investments
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing reporting to GRESB and UN PRI
- Collaborate with Investor Relations and Portfolio Management to complete sustainability-focused Due Diligence Questionnaires, Requests for Proposals, and various ad-hoc requests to current and potential limited partners
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of sustainable real estate development and operating practices
- Experience successfully implementing new firm-wide initiatives
- Strong project management capabilities and attention to detail
- Prior experience interacting with investors and strong presentation skills
- Extensive travel required for fundraising efforts; occasional travel to local development offices