Director, Global & US Marketing
Deliver annual BDO for portfolio in partnership with design lead and category leadership, presented to the Sr. Leadership Team. Beginning with the financial planning process, identify growth opportunities, across owned IP and Licensed brands, within white space product/category opportunities to guide marketing and development teams. Guide team to deliver brand development, line plan architecture, profit and loss management, assets development, content and digital programs managed within agreed annual budget.
Lead an effective team who can collaborate across key territories and cross-functional teams to ensure an impactful brand and asset program is executed on time and to budget.
Strong negotiation and problem-solving capabilities; able to formulate key brand and marketing strategies in isolation for their relevant categories; brand building capabilities including development of DNA, positioning work and content strategy/implementation: strong experience developing and implementing creative and innovative marketing strategies and plans for global & US consumer products with proven results.
Leading & Supervising
Creates culture where employees feel capable, confident, and committed. Provides others with clear direction; motivates and empowers others. Recruits staff of high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching. Sets appropriate standards of behavior. Delegates decision making, responsibilities and work appropriately and fairly.
Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
Source of brand vision & direction for their category within the context of an ever dynamically changing marketplace; demonstrates financial awareness; always operates with keen understanding of corporate level profit/loss impact for all decisions across the marketing organization.
Strive for 5 – Working with People
Puts people, the organization and its purpose first, not themselves; shows respect for the views and contributions of all team members; establishes positive, productive relationships with customers, colleagues and partners regardless of level; demonstrates high level of trust for team members by sharing expertise, authority and responsibility; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict effectively.
Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
Driving improvements for business results; delivering US P&L results for at least 1 category; consistently partners in maintaining a culture of empowerment and clear accountability for delivering yearly brand/category/region level financial targets; focuses on consumer and customer needs and satisfaction; foundation experience with and knowledge of key US retail partners in major developed markets; sets high standards for quality and monitors and maintains quality and productivity.
Applying Expertise & Technical Capability
- Demonstrates a level of understanding of all key partner organisations departments & functions.
- Comprehensive media skills and adept with digital and social platforms.
- Understanding of major US network partners.
- Proven feel for “product” (i.e., what makes a great play experience).
- Foundational experience/mastery of the product development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Consistently produces new ideas, approaches and insights for product and marketing strategy within their portfolio.
Presenting and Communicating with Impact
Proven high level interpersonal and communication skills; communicates for impact, clarity and connection; expresses opinions, information and key points clearly; makes effective use of processes to influence and persuade others; manages information flow upwards and downwards.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in related marketing functions/roles.
- Relevant academic qualifications in a related field eg. Bachelor of Marketing; MBA preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of the toy industry and consumer marketing to children highly preferred.
- Partner with Local Dir to develop the Global and US Category Strategy, delivering the overall portfolio level gross sales, gross margin, and direct contribution targets on a yearly basis.
- Lead 3-year Strategic plan across P&L, A&P Budget, and SG&A to guide teams to deliver against financial objectives.
- Lead Brand Franchise plans, incl. positioning & best-in-class go-to-market strategies in partnership with the Marketing communications lead to deliver global direction and brand launch alignment.
- Lead global toy launch strategy for WoW brands with 5-year outlook, presented to Marketing leadership team to guide future BDO development, outlining white-space opportunities to chase.
- Partner with Franchise team to develop Integrated Marketing Strategic Vision and sign-off on final go-to-market plans for all DTR markets.
- Final approval for all comms strategic 360 marketing plans, assets and launch timing.
- Oversee workloads, performance, and development of direct (and if required, indirect) reports towards the achievement of agreed objectives, KPI’s, through the provision of clear direction, support, coaching and review in-line with the Moose Performance Management Program.
- Manage team to deliver P&L deliverables from ideation to execution, ensuring all communication touch points and assets ladder up to the overall brand strategy, focusing on consumer benefits and features.
People Management Responsibilities
- Regularly review resourcing requirements for the department and recruits, interviews, selects and trains new staff;
- Oversee the day-to-day workloads and performance of direct reports towards the achievement of agreed objectives, through the provision of clear direction, coaching and support;
- Work with direct reports to set individual KPIs, and conduct regular reviews in-line with the Moose Performance Management Program;
- Manage the training and professional development of team members, with an emphasis on providing timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis; and
- Champion the Moose culture to ensure direct reports deliver on The Wow
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the role. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We’re a family, who is Outrageously playful, with Wild imagination.
- We’re a family
- We demonstrate kindness as part of the Moose family – treating others the way we want to be treated. We’re all about welcoming your wacky, weird and wonderful self at work!
- Moosies pride themselves on taking personal responsibility for their actions and outcomes, always acting ethically, professionally, and with a smile.
- We know there is no ‘I’ in TEAM and are committed to hitting team goals way out of the park.
- We’ve got each other’s backs – we support each other with no politics or personal agendas.
- Outrageously playful
- All Moosies use play to stimulate thinking and innovation – applying learnings across all initiatives.
- We think outside the toy box to keep things super FUN.
- We consistently give 100% to put the punch in our products and services.
- We keep our energy up so there’s a great buzz around the place all the time – helping to foster great ideas and ensuring strong productivity.
- Wild imagination
- We’re prepared to share the kooky and the creative in brainstorming sessions, to bring the best Moose to market.
- Moosies put heart and soul into innovating and delivering the best toys ever.
- We elicit infectious enthusiasm, are non-judgemental, value diversity of thinking and the benefits this brings, and are open to all WOW ideas.
- We keep on trend and across new technologies so we can bring this knowledge to the playroom.
- 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday
- 8:30am – 3:00pm, Friday
- 30-minute unpaid lunch break each day.
- Plus, reasonable additional hours due to multiple time-zones.
- Moose also provides flexible working options.
Requires up to 20% travel.
USD $133,000 - $167,000
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone and other office productivity machinery, may need to reach, stoop, kneel to access items
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Frequently communicates with other employees and third-parties, must be able to speak clearly and exchange accurate information.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers and light traffic)
- Indoor business office environment with windows; light foot traffic within work areas
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VP, Global Marketing
Senior Brand Manager, Brand Manager, and/or Associate Brand Manager