Director, Global Marketing Insights & Analytics
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our network – VisaNet processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and NFL, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Do you have a passion for findings connections and building synergies that spark amazing insights and drive business results? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Insights & Analytics team at Visa has an exciting opportunity for you to use your skills and market research expertise to develop solutions that will provide Visa and our clients with access to best in-class research expertise and capabilities.
This role is responsible for supporting the Global Marketing Insights & Analytics pillar within Marketing Services Delivery. Marketing Services Delivery provides deep marketing expertise across a range of disciplines to provide solutions to our client’s business challenges. The position will report to the Senior Direcot of Global Marketing Insights & Analytics and will also be part of the Marketing Services team. As Director, you will.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leverage robust proprietary and third-party analytics and research to identify market entry opportunities, growth areas and consumer intentions, behaviors and barriers for Visa and clients.
- Partner with other marketing service lines (e.g. strategy, creative services, marketing execution, sponsorship and partnerships) to create and deliver end-to-end solutions that address clients’ marketing needs, drive business outcomes, and that ultimately result in increased Marketing Services revenues.
- Create globalized research and analytics capabilities that can be commercialized across the regions and result in revenue potential for individual market countries.
- Leverage impact of Marketing Services’ engagements to build support internally and to help sell-in more client engagements.
- Partner with regional insights teams to identify best in class solutions, harmonize offerings and evangelize solutions across the organization.
- Build strong relationships with business partners and external vendors
- Build awareness and understanding of solutions from the Marketing Services among client facing business partners
- Display expertise with current research tools and methods, and continuously surface innovative approaches in the context of research and analytics.
This is a unique opportunity to build research solutions that will deepen client engagement and enhance Visa’s competitiveness. The role also will provide you with an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry. Come join our challenging, dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented research and marketing professionals in the industry.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- 10+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA). Preference for Graduate degree.
- Preference for degree in marketing, market research, psychology, sociology, anthropology, and/or in a quantitative field like Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience, 10-12 preferred on working on insights and analytical functions, with experience conducting analysis of primary market research data and data-driven analysis for relevant brands and businesses, and/or innovation and customer experience areas from the tech, consulting, CPG, retail, agencies, financial or payments industries.
- Ability to influence others and build relationships within an organization, communicate regularly with key individuals and interface with all levels of staff, including senior leadership. Strong business acumen, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with external research agencies, client engagement, strategy and business planning
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and outstanding presentation skills, including ability to develop clear and compelling presentations for delivery to senior executives. Must be fluent in English
- Intellectually curious and analytically rigorous. Solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value.
- Ability to work independently, think differently and drive change
- Positive approach and commitment to collaboration with shared purpose
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
- Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
- Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.