Director, Global Inventory and Cost Accounting
You’re an ambitious finance leader with a strong background in cost accounting. You have a successful track record working with senior financial and operational leaders to implement effective cost accounting and inventory control efforts that improve accuracy and optimize profitability. You’re a strong people leader and go above and beyond to prioritize the success of your team and build strong relationships across all levels of an organization – and this is why we have the perfect role for you.
We’re seeking a dynamic leader to plant their roots with us as a Director, Global Inventory and Cost Accounting in our Finance and Accounting Team. In this role, you will report to the VP, Head of Global Finance Operations and will lead the financial overview for Inventory Management, Inventory and Biological Assets valuation and be an important player in Cost of Sales determination. You will be an expert in cost accounting and provide strategic financial leadership to support our business with maintaining inventory controls and achieving financial targets to improve performance and profitability. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As the Director of Global Inventory and Cost Accounting, you will …
- Oversee, plan, and direct all aspects of financial inventory management policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Implement and enforce with the Supply teams inventory control procedures, such as regular stock counts, cycle counting, and physical audits, to ensure accuracy and minimize inventory shrinkage or loss. Ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Generate regular reports on inventory levels, stock movements, and performance indicators to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for improvement
- Maintain accurate inventory controls, including inventory reconciliation process, excess and obsoletes accrual
- Identify areas for process improvement, propose solutions, and implement best practices to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and overall inventory management effectiveness
- Partner with the team to ensure achievement of the overall cash flow objectives, including analyzing data to initiate improvements and cost savings
- Present inventory financials and scorecard to management and led the month-end closing and quarter-end financial activities
- Lead the inventory and biological assets valuation process and the cost of goods sold model calculation
As An Experienced Professional You Will Have…
- A strong background in cost accounting equipped with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field and a CPA designation
- 5+ years as a people leader and financial manager with a strong operational focus (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Proven experience in inventory control, materials management, cost accounting or a similar role
- Proficiency with all MS Office products including Excel
Bonus Points If You Have…
- Technical knowledge of biological assets / Fair Value (IFRS 13)
- Prior work experience in a regulated cannabis or food manufacturing environment leading cost accounting strategies and activities
You’re The Ideal Candidate Because…
- You have exceptional communication skills with the ability to deliver persuasive presentations on complex topics to increase buy-in
- You have creative problem-solving skills with the aptitude to make decisions quickly in fast-paced environments
- You have robust analytical skills with the ability to transform complex sets of data into practical solutions that drive business value
- A positive team player who can build cross-functional relationships to satisfy agendas and objectives
With us, you'll find a place where you belong and love where you work with competitive compensation, stock options, RRSP matching, performance bonuses, remote-work, benefits, virtual happy hours, 420 celebrations and more! We will go above and beyond to prioritize your success and help you #GrowWithAurora. Learn more by visiting our Careers Page - Careers - Aurora Global Leader in Cannabis (auroramj.com)
Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition Team and we will contact you if we see a fit via email.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity. Not the role for you? Share this posting with your network while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities (hot tip: if you are an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by sharing this posting with someone in your network! If they are the successful candidate, you may be eligible for a bonus!).
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.