Director, Global Internal Communications
Welcome to Nielsen! We’re a global leader in audience insights, data and analytics, shaping the future of media. As a B2B company, we provide our media and advertising clients with the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide, measuring behavior across all channels and platforms to discover what audiences love. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next and how to best act on this knowledge. We have operations in over 55 markets, and as an S&P 500 company, covering more than 90% of the world’s population and empower our clients with trusted intelligence that fuels action.
We’re the arbiter of truth for media markets, providing our clients with unbiased and reliable metrics that create the shared understanding of the industry required for markets to function, enabling our clients to grow and succeed across the $600 billion global advertising market. With products such as The Gauge, our monthly total TV and streaming viewing snapshot and the Nielsen Impact Score that allow collegiate sports teams to value athlete marketability, we help clients to define exactly who they want to reach, as well as optimize the outcomes they can achieve. Our cross-platform measurement strategy brings together the best of TV and digital measurement to ensure a more functional marketplace for the industry.
- Reporting to the VP Internal Communications, you will support employee-facing communications initiatives and help to lead day-to-day operations of the internal communications function.
- Identify and develop best practices to deliver consistent and impactful change communications to an internal audience with the goal of engaging employees.
- Provide leadership and strategic insight to support internal culture and workplace transformation.
- Partner with the global communications team and HR team members to implement major internal initiatives and engagement activities such as town hall meetings, internal announcements, organizational communications, global campaigns, change management and other employee focus initiatives topics.
- Help manage and streamline the communications and employee experience support around the company’s strategic and cultural transformation plans.
- Be a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders, providing sound and experienced communications advice.
- Advise functional leaders on the optimal communications strategies and approaches.
- Work with internal communications team members to build relationships and create uniform internal messaging across different business units.
- Identify unique and intriguing storytelling opportunities to drive attention, excitement and business results in support of global communications objectives.
- Support senior leaders in executing key strategies across business, reputation and brand development; identify opportunities for employee connection and engagement in these efforts.
- Inspire a culture of optimism, competitiveness and creative excellence among our communications team and agency partners by demonstrating the Nielsen Values on a daily basis.
- Draft speeches and video content for internal announcements and events.
- Lead quarterly corporate communications initiatives, such as managing content creation and coordination of global town hall meetings and writing/editing leader communications
- Support the strategy to reach and engage remote team members.
- Maintain the Nielsen voice and internal brand across all communications, written and verbal, and across company leadership.
- Exceptional writing, editing and research skills.
A Little About You
You’re the ideal candidate with extensive experience in internal communications, either in-house or agency, and a track record of deploying successful employee engagement strategies. Streaming and media experience, team management, senior executive support/experience is preferred. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
With direction from the VP of Global Internal Communications, you’ll work with team members and their respective stakeholders to ensure employees understand company strategy and how their roles and projects align to our overall vision and mission. Plan, draft materials and maintain editorial calendars for key events and tactics, including town halls, emails, intranet and all-employee Slack channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, Journalism, Communications or related field)
- 10+ years of internal communications work experience, preferably with roles of increasing responsibility
- Communications track record in fast-paced environments that have undergone digital or cultural transformations
- Journalism or strong storytelling skills across various platforms such as newsletters, intranet, live meetings and enterprise social media
- Google Suite proficiency (Slides, Docs, Sheets, etc.) Trello and email content tool experience such as Poppulo are a plus
- Excellent organizational and strong project management skills required