The Director, Global Compensation, Executive Compensation & Mobility, is a critical member of the Global Total Rewards Leadership team. The role is responsible for strategy, design, communications, and governance of Ball’s global executive, broad-based compensation, and global mobility programs. Partners with key stakeholders to ensure the alignment of design initiatives with business goals and objectives across compensation and mobility. Leads the relevant COE teams, including a team of international Total Rewards Leads, to ensure organizational goals are met.
Your Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Contributes to the development of the Global Total Rewards strategy to ensure it aligns with and drives the performance of the business, considering competitive positioning, employer branding, and employee engagement & rewards
- Partners closely with various business leaders, HR partners, Total Rewards Operations and regional Total Rewards Leads to understand business requirements and to effectively align Ball’s global compensation and mobility programs and strategies and to ensure that rewards programs optimize the organization’s ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Leads the analysis of global compensation and mobility programs to ensure that they are market competitive and cost effective.
- Leads M&A activity and due diligence related to compensation and mobility
- Provides people leadership, strategic guidance and development of the respective COE teams, Program Managers and regional Total Rewards Leads
Executive Compensation Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of agenda topics and meeting material for the Human Resources Committee of the Ball Corporation Board of Directors (“HR Committee”)
- Manages the processes, timeline, and the development and coordination of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors meetings.
- Conduct meetings with and ensure the preparedness of Executive Management, the Chair of the HR Committee, and the external consultants to the HR Committee.
- Owns the development and accuracy of the Compensation Discussion and Analysis of the annual Shareholder Proxy (“CD&A”), including required compensation-related tables and disclosures
- Develops materials and manage calendar/timeline/process for the annual assessment of the Executive Compensation program and packages
- Closely collaborate cross functionally on a wide variety of issues pertaining to equity and executive compensation
- Serve as the point of contact with Compensation Committee’s consultants in requesting and preparing detailed analyses and materials as needed for the Executive Management and the HR Committee
- Develops the strategy, design, development and method of delivery of the global job evaluation/grading, compensation programs (including base, short-term incentives, long-term incentives), and recognition programs to ensure consistency across the organization
- Partners with HR, Global Compensation Program Managers, and regional Total Rewards Leads to develop communication strategies for the effective communication of compensation programs to employees
- Oversees vendors, as necessary, to provide compensation programs
Global Mobility Responsibilities:
- Develops the strategy, design, development and delivery of the global mobility program for long-term and short-term assignment, international permanent transfers and domestic relocations, including the tax and immigration philosophy
- Partners with HR and the Global Mobility Program Manager to determine the appropriate deployment of resources to deliver global mobility services
- Oversees the global mobility vendor relationships to ensure overall effective delivery of services provided.
Required Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years of experience in compensation with at least 7-10 years of deep experience in executive and/or broad-based compensation
- Experienced in the design, development and implementation of executive compensation strategy and equity and incentive programs for both U.S. based and international executives
- Understanding and demonstrated experience of executive compensation and benefits programs
- Evidence of detailed external research and benchmarking of the total reward programs
- Experience of stock plan administration would be a requisite.
- Understanding of the external regulatory/governance environment and disclosure requirements; Technical knowledge of pertinent topical areas such as tax law, GAAP accounting, FASB regulations and securities law
- Demonstrated experience of influencing senior leadership at all executive levels
- Demonstrated experience of partnering with external advisors and managing relationships with the investor community
- Experience of working as part of an HR senior leadership team and demonstrated capability in contributing to overall HR strategy in a fast-paced, multinational environment.
- Strong experience in financial modeling and ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively.
- Core ability to influence and work through others, including HR peers and Finance to gather feedback, develop strategies, and help the business execute appropriate strategies
- Creative thinker who can provide strategic thought leadership and the ability to think globally and objectively to solve complex issues and challenges
- Required Travel 10%
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position is located in Denver and requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for four (4) or more days per work week (with core collaboration days of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). Travel and local commute between Ball locations and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Hiring Salary Range: $180,000 - $220,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other non-merit characteristic.
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe.
Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.