Director, Global Communications
The Director of Global Communications for Booking Holdings Inc., one of the world’s largest global ecommerce companies operating five major brands: Booking.com, Priceline, KAYAK, agoda.com and OpenTable, is responsible for driving cross-company global communications strategy and alignment across a very large and rapidly growing organization. This role is responsible for overseeing strategy and disclosure alignment across all corporate, financial, brand, crisis, executive and internal communications initiatives for Booking Holdings and its brands, operating across diverse markets all over the world. This person drives creation and implementation of the Global Communications guidelines, working with the global Communications teams, key spokespeople and business leaders, and plays a leading role in crisis communication strategies. The Director will also play a key role in driving the communications, thought leadership and social strategy for our global Holdings CEO, and play an advisory role driving the same for our brand CEOs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking a leadership role in executing the global Communications strategy for Booking Holdings, across consumer, corporate, industry and product PR, as well as crisis and issues management, and driving a global strategy to support priority business needs across brands and geographies in these areas.
- Lead on external corporate communications, including legal and regulatory issues, crisis response, corporate media relations, thought leadership and global Product and Consumer PR strategies, alongside the SVP of Global communications and other senior leaders of the Global Communications team.
- Develop and disseminate stronger thought leadership around societal topics, sustainability and other areas that may benefit the business, and/or raise opportunities along these lines for broader discussion and evaluation with business leaders.
- Co-developing and managing implementation of global strategies to drive brand awareness through earned media across multiple markets that deliver the Booking.com messaging objectives and drive incremental results globally.
- Leading on development and drafting of key messaging, business critical media materials, and key corporate and product PR communications plans, with an ability to make real-time decisions on communications statements and approaches when needed to make critical journalist deadlines.
- Actively assess and manage PR agency support to ensure current and future scopes align to top business needs at a corporate level for Booking Holdings, in addition to hiring and onboarding new suppliers as / when may be needed.
- Assess cross-brand opportunities for synergies and cost efficiencies through evaluation of practices and resources including agency support, measurement and reporting tools/systems, media subscriptions and more.
- Proactively manage crises at a corporate Holdings level by executing crisis communication plans and rapid consultation while partnering with teams like Legal, Security, and other Global Communications functions on sensitive topics, in addition to co-managing crises at the brand level, liaising with corporate and brand legal, security and leadership teams as needed.
- Work alongside business leaders and brand communication leads to ensure understanding of company disclosure requirements and parameters.
- Work alongside brand communications teams to ensure consistency of corporate narrative and messaging, as well as overall alignment on consumer and product messaging to ensure there is one clear and consistent company narrative and to ensure we are not cannibalizing efforts for any one brand/product/team.
- Working alongside brand communications teams to identify opportunities to more visibly build our product narrative externally, positioning the company as a leader in travel technology innovation.
- Actively work to build the Booking Holdings Communications team to ensure success for the long-term, and that the team is resourced to handle the fast-growing business, particularly as we continue to acquire new businesses and brands.
- Working with other key Global Communications leaders, Sustainability, Employer Brand, Public Affairs & Partner Communications teams as needed to create a consistent communications strategy and assets for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Further integrating and connecting the work of all global communications teams across brands, as well as of other key functions within brands, to help drive an even more cohesive cross-brand communications team, with alignment on highest level global strategy, messaging and support in execution to improve overall execution and efficiency, mitigate risks etc.
- Evaluating and evolving guidelines and principles for communication between Booking Holdings leaders (namely the CEO) and our global employee-base across brands. This includes strategy and execution of existing initiatives like our company-wide Town Halls, but also creative ideation on new formats, channels and frequency of touchpoints.
- Attract, coach and develop others, understanding team dynamics and strengthen overall capability of the organization, alongside further building efforts to connect the Communications organizations globally through evaluation of and evolution of things like annual PR Summits, regional meetings, cross-sharing and learning opportunities, etc.
- Drive overall social media strategy and execution for Booking Holdings CEO, evaluating existing cadence, new opportunities and channels to supplement overarching CEO Thought Leadership strategy and company PR objectives.
- Serve as a communications advisor to the company CEO, our brand CEOs and leadership teams.
- Oversee management of corporate website and branding needs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12 or more years of experience required
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings brands, we help our customers reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
All compensation inquiries are to be sent to email@example.com. Please note that only Connecticut based applicants will be responded to. Please confirm your name, Connecticut home address, the specific job you have applied to, and the date you made that application to allow us to respond to your inquiry. Due to inquiry volume, please expect up to 5 business days to receive our response. Note no adverse employment/hiring decisions will be made for exercising your rights as a resident of Connecticut.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. M/F/V/D/SO