Director, Global Communications
DoorDashSan Francisco, CA15 days ago
DoorDash is looking for a Director of Global Communications to lead communications strategy for our platform's international efforts, anchoring messaging to our mission and strategic narrative, while working with important company partners at HQ and in local markets to propel our goals. You will be based in our downtown San Francisco office (working from home remotely until it is safe to return to our offices).
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage communications launch plans from start to finish in new international regions and markets, as the go-to International comms resource and liaison for global team members and PR agencies in existing markets, including Canada and Australia
- Lead strategic global consumer, brand and merchant-focused campaigns that align with local market Audience Marketing, Marketplace and Enterprise our priorities
- Direct local market media strategy and launches for DoorDash's suite of products, innovations and new products that help serve our consumers, merchants, Dashers and the communities in which we operate
- Develop strategic media engagement and execution strategy to improve our relationship with essential industry trade and consumer media at the global level by telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies and connects customers with the best in their communities
- Work with the HQ Communications team, international leadership, and local policy and public affairs agencies to provide consistent messaging and strategic guidance to support regional policy goals and effective engagement with third-party organizations and legislators
- Develop crisis communications playbooks to support local markets
- Manage and select in-country PR agencies
- Hire and lead a team of accomplished local market communicators (both in-house and agency) as we scale the business in new markets
We're excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of experience building and scaling international communications programs across consumer, B2B, corporate, policy or product, working with a diverse set of global media outlets
- You have 5+ years of proven experience hiring, managing and onboarding external agencies, along with leading teams in different markets
- You have deep experience developing strategic communications programs with a global mindset, researching and understanding cultural nuances and differing regulatory and policy environments
- You excel working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You've demonstrated senior leadership executing strategic global communications plans in a complex organization with varied priorities
- You are comfortable advising senior leadership and executives
- You have leadership and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects.
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.