Director, Game Design
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Zynga is looking for an experienced Design Director to work on the development of new games and to support existing games that run on mobile devices. This role leads and directs design and provides creative input for all facets of game design including content and features. This role includes hands-on game design work while also partnering with and leading others.
- Pitches new ideas to the team/ hold brainstorming sessions
- Defines user experiences and creates wireframe screens and flows
- Remains up-to-date with Game Design literature and standard methodologies to be an evangelist for the craft of Game Design
- Creates or adaps leading game features to work with new or existing games
- Analyzes real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
- Work with product managers, developers and artists to lead all aspects of the implementation of new features and systems
- Models and tunes complex systems
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Management experience with an experienced design team
- Possesses extensive knowledge of games and strategies
- Strong knowledge of game balancing and pacing
- Expert with math, formulas and economies in a game environment
- Translates direct consumer insights, market data, and analysis into creative design solutions
- Launched 3+ successful commercial games
- Passionate gamer
- Game programming experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary and generous bonus plan
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI.