Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Director, FP&A is a key member of the team managing financial planning for the League’s growing media business. The individual will act as the Finance liaison with the Media team to manage planning, budgets and projections for the Apple partnership, centralized production, and other key media partners. The role will balance being a trusted business partner that can provide financial and strategic support to the Media team while also ensuring sound fiscal process, discipline, and compliance throughout the organization.
- Take a leadership role in all financial aspects of Leagues media partnerships, from working on large scale active partnerships to proactively identifying areas of economic efficiencies and supporting future negotiations.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and relevant internal and external stakeholders to provide real-time updates on how business is performing against approved budget.
- Work closely with the accounting team to support the monthly close process. Ensure the smooth flow of information between the FPA department and accounting department within Finance for accrual purposes, ensuring spending is matching plans, etc.
- Develop and coordinate various financial and accounting reports and projects. Gain deep understanding of department roles and responsibilities and ensure responsible fiscal management and effective spending.
- Analyze potential new business opportunities for viability, review contracts to determine financial impact and support deal team during negotiations.
- Evaluate the impact of spending on a project basis across departments, ensuring proper fiscal management and effective spending across multiple stakeholders.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience in the Accounting or Finance field
- Extensive experience in FP&A, including experience with media partnerships and deep understanding of live-games production and content budgets.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced, team environment and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Role will require interaction with all staff levels, including C suite executives. A professional demeanor, the ability to negotiate sensitive matters and the ability to work collaboratively are a must.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Great Plains.
- Experience with Hyperion or other Financial Planning tools.
- Experience working in the sports industry.
Starting Base Salary: $115,000 – $150,000. MLS/SUM base salaries are contingent upon several factors including individual qualifications, market financials, and operational business needs.
We are committed to providing a Total Rewards package that attracts, supports, engages, and retains talent through the following:
- Benefits – comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a suite of programs to promote well-being including a $500 Wellness Reimbursement. A generous PTO offering, and hybrid Office/Remote Work Schedule are also offered to promote Work-Life balance.
- Career & Professional Development – on the job training, feedback, and on-going educational opportunities to continue your personal and professional development.
- Employee Engagement – office perks, discounts and employee events that go “beyond the traditional paycheck” to make you feel a part of our team and inspire you to elevate the Game.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.